Router completely turns off

As of today my router is acting up lately!! The power LED light remains on & the port4 light LED remains blinking!! When this happens i have no internet and no wifi at all! I have too disconnect the router for it to come back online! Any suggestions?

Guest Killhippie
4 hours ago, Blameless said:

As of today my router is acting up lately!! The power LED light remains on & the port4 light LED remains blinking!! When this happens i have no internet and no wifi at all! I have too disconnect the router for it to come back online! Any suggestions?

Sounds like a possible hardware issue, try reloading the firmware from the Netgear site, if it does not behave as it should after that you should contact Netgear about this as they build the hardware, not Netduma. Also have you had any power outages just out of interest?

• Netduma Staff
2 hours ago, Blameless said:

No I havent!! I had this router for about 6 months & now is giving a problems....sure do I'll that & get back to you! What about the power outages?

The advise above is great - this is definitely something on the hardware side going wrong. Either your power adapter is faulty or there's something going wrong with your router. By power outages, do you mean the router is literally losing power and needs to be booted up again?

Guest Killhippie

Brownouts and small surges can damage power supplies sometimes, I was not saying that's what happened to you, I was just asking as a small surge or even a drop could corrupt firmware or damage hardware. Just trouble shooting questions I would ask anyone. I keep my router running off a pure sine wave APC 1000va smart UPS, along with the modem and iMac and associated gear that's connected as well, it does give peace of mind and added protection. It could well be as Jack says, your power adaptor is faulty but its hard to tell on a forum. Netgear will talk to you ask you to try some trouble shooting and arrange a RMA if needed I would imagine.  :)

• Netduma Staff
On 9/29/2018 at 2:16 AM, Blameless said:

What's up guys thanks for the help! Yesterday I reset factory and it seems that the problem is resolved! It hasn't been acting up!! I'll keep an eye on it & let you know!

That's awesome, always nice to see a happy ending! Definitely keep an eye on it - we're always here if it plays up again. Cheers :D