Cant connect EA servers.

OnlineGamer

Hello. 

I am new to the forum, and I have been searching but haven't found anything related to my issue. I have the Night XR500 and it seems like I cant connect to any of the EA servers like Battlefield 1, fifa18 and madden18 (cant say about madden19 but videos showed it is even worse than M18).

this issue happens only when I put filtering mode on to my XBOX1X, but when I switch to spectator mode it lets me join the servers. now what Ive noticed is that it is always connecting to a server in California and even if I allow the server it still wont let connect to on FILTERING MODE.

switching back and forth is not an issue but that's the only option can I switch back and forth between filtering mode and spectator mode without having to restart the router or do I have to restart the router so that it wont cause me any issues when I game online. 

thank you and this router and software has been awesome so far.

• Netduma Staff
14 hours ago, OnlineGamer said:

Hello. 

I am new to the forum, and I have been searching but haven't found anything related to my issue. I have the Night XR500 and it seems like I cant connect to any of the EA servers like Battlefield 1, fifa18 and madden18 (cant say about madden19 but videos showed it is even worse than M18).

this issue happens only when I put filtering mode on to my XBOX1X, but when I switch to spectator mode it lets me join the servers. now what Ive noticed is that it is always connecting to a server in California and even if I allow the server it still wont let connect to on FILTERING MODE.

switching back and forth is not an issue but that's the only option can I switch back and forth between filtering mode and spectator mode without having to restart the router or do I have to restart the router so that it wont cause me any issues when I game online. 

thank you and this router and software has been awesome so far.

Hi, welcome to the forum! I'm glad you're enjoying DumaOS :D

EA servers are notoriously tricky - especially Fifa. There aren't as many servers in their infrastructure as, say, Call of Duty. Using the Geo-Filter becomes more difficult when servers are sparse or far apart.

That being said, when you're on Filtering Mode, do you see anything getting blocked by the Geo-Filter? Adding one server likely won't be enough. Generally speaking, when you're getting booted from a game, it means that the game can't run unless you loosen the Geo-Filter settings.

Try disabling Strict Mode and increasing your radius until the game seems to be more stable. Then reduce it as much as you can. If you see servers within your radius getting blocked which result in you getting kicked from the game, please click on that blocked server and copy the ID into this thread. We'll take a look and see if it needs whitelisting. I hope this helps!