Titanfall 2 - PS4

On titanfall 2 on the PS4, I have tried different data centers to make sure before posting, what keeps happening is that a match is found, and it says connecting to match, and i see the match loading. THEN, all of a sudden it sends me back to the main menu (where you choose single player or multiplayer) with an error ! (connection to server timed out), every single time.  I can only get titanfall 2 to work on PS4 if I disable the geofilter or increase its radius (normally set to 500 miles) to encircle the entire USA, on the XR500 (east coast USA).

• Netduma Staff

Hi Mike - this indicates you could be blocking an essential server needed for Titanfall 2 to function. Do you see a particular server being blocked when you're kicked?

It might be possible to click on the blocked server and add it to your 'Allow' list. Do this enough times and you should see a decrease (and hopefully a stop) to your issue.

If you do see a blocked server, please take note of its ID and post it here. We could take a look and see what kind of server is being blocked.

Hi Mike - this indicates you could be blocking an essential server needed for Titanfall 2 to function. Do you see a particular server being blocked when you're kicked?

It might be possible to click on the blocked server and add it to your 'Allow' list. Do this enough times and you should see a decrease (and hopefully a stop) to your issue.

If you do see a blocked server, please take note of its ID and post it here. We could take a look and see what kind of server is being blocked.

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes I tried that method of manually clicking, and then permanently setting to allow , whatever icons appear outside the geofilter's circle during matchmaking on the geofilter map , one by one, in various games , not just Titanfall 2, but it doesn't seem to fix the problem. Either I have to encircle the entire USA (and even doing that doesn't help in monster hunter world, btw) or turn off geofiltering for Titanfall 2.

• Netduma Staff

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes I tried that method of manually clicking, and then permanently setting to allow , whatever icons appear outside the geofilter's circle during matchmaking on the geofilter map , one by one, in various games , not just Titanfall 2, but it doesn't seem to fix the problem. Either I have to encircle the entire USA (and even doing that doesn't help in monster hunter world, btw) or turn off geofiltering for Titanfall 2.

Alrighty thanks for letting us know. I've always been sceptical about Monster Hunter World - I'm a player myself, and it seems like there's a huge mix of Asian and Western players. It seems that they just allow anyone from anywhere to connect - and due to how the matchmaking works on it I'm not convinced the Geo-Filter will ever be compatible with it.

The Geo-Filter is really for when matchmaking is beyond your control. We might have to look into Titanfall 2 again though. Thank you for bringing this to our attention!