Still not playing with my country peeps

Guest Netduma Fraser

would it theoretically be possible to optionally exchange  the distance radius to a country/state?

Good idea, we are looking at being able to 'draw' your filter so you would be able to achieve this effect by 'drawing' around your country or state. However, this will be a ways in the future, we want to get the Geo-filter working as best as possible before that.

Right they are going to have to change the GeoFilter to polygons, then they will have to draw all the countries...

It will get unusual though because if you live near a country border you might want to play with them

Guest Netduma_Iain

That was actually my first idea. When it entered my thought when I was dreaming I nearly broke my knee jumping out of bed to write it down. So simple, seemed like ideal solution. It worked kinda well but you get results that aren't really acceptable. E.g. it can take less hops to get to NYC then to get to a city 300km from me if the ISP does funky stuff. But it was the inspiration for the geo-filter!

That was actually my first idea. When it entered my thought when I was dreaming I nearly broke my knee jumping out of bed to write it down. So simple, seemed like ideal solution. It worked kinda well but you get results that aren't really acceptable. E.g. it can take less hops to get to NYC then to get to a city 300km from me if the ISP does funky stuff. But it was the inspiration for the geo-filter!

yeah, maybe less hops on same backbone.

great idea nevertheless though, maybe with some additional thougts (eg ABCs) it can be tackled

btw id prefer having both, the graphical polygon implementation as well as roads country list to pick from

that way you pretty much serve every potential regional filter a customer could think of

great idea nevertheless though, maybe with some additional thougts (eg ABCs) it can be tackled

btw id prefer having both, the graphical polygon implementation as well as roads country list to pick from

that way you pretty much serve every potential regional filter a customer could think of

yup and having multiple polygons

Hi,

I'll take a large bunch of those polygon thingys, whatever.

My ISPs backbone connection (ping) to the west coast is twice as fast as to the east. If I could even oblong the search parameter, I prolly get an invite to Optic Gaming inside a month.

Take my money, please!

Archived