Hello! I'm re-introducing myself!

General Snivy

Hello. I wanted to go ahead and re-introduce myself to this forum. I haven't been here for awhile because, well, life happened. Anyway, the reason why I said that I want to re-introduce myself is because my previous username, GeneralSnivy, is tied to a Twitter login. (Meaning, that I used Twitter to register to the forums the first time.) I tried to log into my original profile using the Twitter link, but the forums kept giving me an error. The error I'm getting is this: 

[#0.717734]

There is an error with your Twitter application settings. Please check to ensure that you have properly set a callback URL in your Twitter application configuration, and ensure OpenSSL is installed on your server.

I'm not a moderator, nor a networking engineer, but I'm pretty sure that I, the end user, am not supposed to see this. So, I went ahead and created a secondary account to use here until I can somehow get my original one back.

• Netduma Staff

Hello. I wanted to go ahead and re-introduce myself to this forum. I haven't been here for awhile because, well, life happened. Anyway, the reason why I said that I want to re-introduce myself is because my previous username, GeneralSnivy, is tied to a Twitter login. (Meaning, that I used Twitter to register to the forums the first time.) I tried to log into my original profile using the Twitter link, but the forums kept giving me an error. The error I'm getting is this: 

I'm not a moderator, nor a networking engineer, but I'm pretty sure that I, the end user, am not supposed to see this. So, I went ahead and created a secondary account to use here until I can somehow get my original one back.

Welcome to the forum again! Yeh this twitter login error is very persistent unfortunately - every time we think it's fixed it crops up again. If you'd like I could merge your old account with this new one? That would mean all the data from your previous account becomes a part of your new account. Let me know if that would work for you!

Welcome to the forum again! Yeh this twitter login error is very persistent unfortunately - every time we think it's fixed it crops up again. If you'd like I could merge your old account with this new one? That would mean all the data from your previous account becomes a part of your new account. Let me know if that would work for you!

Sounds good to me. I would like my username to return to my original one, GeneralSnivy.

• Netduma Staff

Sounds good to me. I would like my username to return to my original one, GeneralSnivy.

Alrighty I should be able to merge the accounts and change the name manually. I'll let you know when it's complete :)

• Netduma Staff

Welcome back General Snivy - your account has been merged. If anything's gone wrong and you can't log in or some strangeness, just email us at [email protected] and I'll sort it out.

I hope you enjoy using your old / new account :D