Still getting bad connection players in Destiny.

R3M!X

So I have my geo filter in the middle of the region and having the circle covering the region. This is what the instructions for the "destiny" setup has instructed. I still get red bar players,at an average of 2-3 players with red bar. Ive followed everything in that set up. So why would I sill be getting bad connection players?

• Netduma Staff

Can you post the information listed here please :) That way we can see what the pings are to your games and if they are bad help you improve them. Also remember that the in game ping bars are not accurate so use the ping feature on the Netduma to see the accurate ping.

Can you post the information listed here please :) That way we can see what the pings are to your games and if they are bad help you improve them. Also remember that the in game ping bars are not accurate so use the ping feature on the Netduma to see the accurate ping.

For each game that is bad?Thats gonna be challenging as I dont have a computer next to me when Im gaming. I have to run upstairs to my office to do that.

• Netduma Staff

For each game that is bad?Thats gonna be challenging as I dont have a computer next to me when Im gaming. I have to run upstairs to my office to do that.

No :) The only screen shot that we need to see from in game is the ping graph and the GeoFilter. The others can be done out of the game. You only need to post the pictures from one game.

Ok I will try that.

Lastly, do people in my fireteam(party) benefit with my good connection when Im the party/firetam leader? what Im trying to say is they wont lag as well?

• Netduma Staff

Ok I will try that.

Lastly, do people in my fireteam(party) benefit with my good connection when Im the party/firetam leader? what Im trying to say is they wont lag as well?

If they live close to you then yes, they will also benefit.

So I got kicked twice in destiny in a span of 20 minutes. My connection is105 up and 10 down with 20sec ping. Whats up with that? Never happened before with my other router.

• Netduma Staff

So I got kicked twice in destiny in a span of 20 minutes. My connection to 105 up and 10 down with 20sec ping. Whats up with that? Never happened before with my other router.

I'm not sure if this happens in Destiny as I don't play the game but is it possible that there was a host migration. If there was it could be that the new host was blocked and therefore you were kicked. To solve this you could disable the GeoFilter when you are in a game and see if it causes you to not be kicked :)

• Netduma Staff

You got a point. There was a guy coming into the game after the opposing team lost one. That could have what caused me to get kicked.

Ok, that would probably make sense then :) Try disabling the GeoFilter once your in each game - let us know if that solves the problem.

• Administrators

Hi Remix,

Destiny network is quite esoteric, can you read the following link that explains what is going on. Basically if you go for strict mode off you'll get red-bar players but they aren't actually red. If you go with it on you may get lobby booting but the connection should be even better. Anyway please checkout the post below then post back here if you have any questions:

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/1731-destiny-1034/?p=27618

Cheers

Hi Remix,

Destiny network is quite esoteric, can you read the following link that explains what is going on. Basically if you go for strict mode off you'll get red-bar players but they aren't actually red. If you go with it on you may get lobby booting but the connection should be even better. Anyway please checkout the post below then post back here if you have any questions:

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/1731-destiny-1034/?p=27618

Cheers

Yes Ive been to that page. I set up the R1 according to the post you made on that thread.

Archived