Geo Filter blocking servers on AW

• Netduma Staff

Ok, so just went onto AW, and admittedly my geo filter range was as small as possible but I was sort of testing to see what would happen.

As soon as I click 'Play online' in my router I can see loads of hosts and servers being blocked, and the result of this is I get given a strict NAT type which then means that It makes joined people a lot more difficult.

I know that I could very simply disable the geo filter before going into a game but it just isn't as easy and I like to be lazy.

I have attached a screenshot of it so you can see but the servers were changing positions all the time and the triangles were moving.

Just thought I would bring it up to see if anything can be done about it or if the simple answer is 'no' and that I just have to disable the geo filter.

EDIT: Thinking about it, could this be because I have not waited 4 hours for the white list file to come off the cloud and onto my router?

Screen Shot 2014-12-28 at 19.55.39.png

we have been on AW all day on xbone and i usually party and host. getting kicked out of multiple sessions and now xbox back and forth with NAT strict. we are losing lobbies and not connecting properly to matches. I never had this issue until 1.02.4 update. xbox seems to be ok as far as live fuctionallity. this seems to be progressivley getting worse as i play. Earlieier i ran a multiplayer test and came back saying a certain type of server could not be contacted. Im sorry i do not remember the name of the server. any advise thnx

Ok, so just went onto AW, and admittedly my geo filter range was as small as possible but I was sort of testing to see what would happen.

As soon as I click 'Play online' in my router I can see loads of hosts and servers being blocked, and the result of this is I get given a strict NAT type which then means that It makes joined people a lot more difficult.

I know that I could very simply disable the geo filter before going into a game but it just isn't as easy and I like to be lazy.

I have attached a screenshot of it so you can see but the servers were changing positions all the time and the triangles were moving.

Just thought I would bring it up to see if anything can be done about it or if the simple answer is 'no' and that I just have to disable the geo filter.

EDIT: Thinking about it, could this be because I have not waited 4 hours for the white list file to come off the cloud and onto my router?

Blocked because not on whitelist yet and they are outside yr circle. In time it will grow.

Shouldnt effect game play thou as im 99% confident most if not all are AW data centers, listening servers or similar.

You really dont want to be in the UK connecting to Aus.

As we know the game searchs by geo location first so its no surprise it bounces all over looking, give it a minute or 2 and you will slowly see the furthest away disappear, till there are none outside your circle, except white ones of course.

What i find funny is how Iain and the crew have this software setup and hit the nail on the head so too speak but the devs dont.

Guest Netduma_Iain

drpoomanchu our server just went live for the first time a few hours ago. Its now doing auto-processing so this lobby issue should be eliminated or significantly reduced by the end of today. Please let me know if it does not for you.

Archived