XR500 Not connecting to internet

Received the XR500 today and have plugged it into my Virgin media hub (modem mode) in the same way that the old duma was plugged in but there's no internet connection and can't even access the netgear router interface. Please can anyone help get me up and running? Thanks.

• Administrators

It sounds like you may not have completed the initial setup wizard (you will not have internet until you do this). How are you connected to the XR500? 

You should be able to connect to it's interface by going to routerlogin.net or 192.168.1.1. What is the IP address to access the Virgin hub? If it is the same it may be causing a conflict. If you take the Virgin hub out of modem mode and then try to access the XR500 does it work that way?

Laptop connected to xr500 by Ethernet cable. 192.168.1.1 gives grey screen with message the site is unreachable.

Also windows diagnostics says Ethernet does not have a valid up configuration.

Virgin hub address is 192.168.100.1

• Administrators

Laptop connected to xr500 by Ethernet cable. 192.168.1.1 gives grey screen with message the site is unreachable.

Also windows diagnostics says Ethernet does not have a valid up configuration.

Virgin hub address is 192.168.100.1

Connect via wifi with the default details it gives you, can you connect to it then? If so go through the setup then do a factory reset from Settings > Administration > Backup settings and click erase, after that you should be fine.

I had to press the reset button on the xr500 and it's now at least connected into the admin console via the Wi-Fi route.

Ran through the setup wizard, speed test ran automatically and picked up bandwidth ok, and then it asked to do a firmware update.. clicked next and screen is currently blank with the central loading circle in perpetual clockwise motion.

Wi-Fi on laptop is still saying no internet access.. is this just the update stopping internet access or does it sound like an issue. (Not sure how long an update takes but it's been several minutes.. and my download bandwidth is 220)

• Administrators

Clear the cache on your browser - right click > inspect element, on the network tab click disable cache then refresh. Does the interface then load properly and can you then continue with the setup to get internet?

Those options not available anywhere on my browser so went to settings and cleared cache option. Now browser is grey screen stating there's no internet connection.

I can't access the admin console via ms edge, chrome or Firefox.