Just got t he XR500 & a few question to ask...

1. Are we going to see a lot more Geo Filters?  On PC to only have a few for a hand full of games kind of sucks...Also how can we tell if the Geo filter is even working?

2. R-Apps?  AM i able to install more or is that it?  

3. Do XR500 users plan on seeing more features add soon or is this MONTHS away...

I just installed this to test it out over my R9000 so i am hoping to get some good test with this unit.

Would it be better to just get the R1 rather than use the XR500?

• Administrators
Hi Llamalord - welcome to the forum!

1. Are we going to see a lot more Geo Filters?  On PC to only have a few for a hand full of games kind of sucks...Also how can we tell if the Geo filter is even working?

Do you mean games to add to the Geo-Filter? It's mostly used for console gaming, where you have no control over the location of the server you are placed on. 

It's main purpose for PC is to show you the location of the server you are on, and to then let you ping it. You can tell when it is working because icons will appear on the map for the server location. Watch this video for an example:

We have most games already added to the list (under the engine that the game uses). Is there a game you are playing that you would like to see on this list?

• Administrators

2. R-Apps?  AM i able to install more or is that it? 

R-Apps means 'Router Apps', which is the name we give to each feature on DumaOS (e.g. QoS, Geo-Filter, Network Monitor etc). The reason we call them R-Apps is because they are like apps on your phone - they can be individually installed onto your router. We plan to release more R-Apps (features) soon, so keep a look out for these :)

3. Do XR500 users plan on seeing more features add soon or is this MONTHS away...

One of the great things about DumaOS is it's very easy to develop new features for it, so there will be more R-Apps coming soon, and it won't be months away. Are there any features you would like to see?

I just installed this to test it out over my R9000 so i am hoping to get some good test with this unit.

We're very confident you'll love it. Let us know if you need any help. The R1 does not have DumaOS yet (coming in April 2018), and obviously the hardware is very powerful on the XR500.

Hi Llamalord - welcome to the forum!

1. Are we going to see a lot more Geo Filters?  On PC to only have a few for a hand full of games kind of sucks...Also how can we tell if the Geo filter is even working?{/quote]

Do you mean games to add to the Geo-Filter? It's mostly used for console gaming, where you have no control over the location of the server you are placed on. 

It's main purpose for PC is to show you the location of the server you are on, and to then let you ping it. You can tell when it is working because icons will appear on the map for the server location. Watch this video for an example:

We have most games already added to the list (under the engine that the game uses). Is there a game you are playing that you would like to see on this list?

I am not seeing anything on my map?  I have not added everything but here are a few that i did. So Geo is more Console base and we wont be seeing much for PC.

R-Apps means 'Router Apps', which is the name we give to each feature on DumaOS (e.g. QoS, Geo-Filter, Network Monitor etc). The reason we call them R-Apps is because they are like apps on your phone - they can be individually installed onto your router. We plan to release more R-Apps (features) soon, so keep a look out for these :)

One of the great things about DumaOS is it's very easy to develop new features for it, so there will be more R-Apps coming soon, and it won't be months away. Are there any features you would like to see?

We're very confident you'll love it. Let us know if you need any help. The R1 does not have DumaOS yet (coming in April 2018), and obviously the hardware is very powerful on the XR500.

I know this router just came out but was hoping to see features like Hyper Traffic, Ping Stats, Anti Flood.  I feel like the router seems pushed out and some good things missing.  Not sure if i want to wait for these features...  Would love to see if i can get Duma on my R9000 as that router is a power house but just has Netgears crap OS on it lol.  Do we have an ETA on when some other features are coming out?

• Administrators
I am not seeing anything on my map?  I have not added everything but here are a few that i did. So Geo is more Console base and we wont be seeing much for PC.

What game are you playing? So long as you have added the correct device and game / engine in the Devices panel, you will see icons when you search for a game. For example, if you are playing LoL, to make the server appear on the filter you would actually have to enter a game.

We have all the major PC games covered already. Is there a game you would like us to add? We do this based on feedback - if there is demand for a game to be classified we will do it.

I know this router just came out but was hoping to see features like Hyper Traffic, Ping Stats, Anti Flood.  I feel like the router seems pushed out and some good things missing.  Not sure if i want to wait for these features...  Would love to see if i can get Duma on my R9000 as that router is a power house but just has Netgears crap OS on it lol.  Do we have an ETA on when some other features are coming out?

DumaOS has all of these features:

• Hyper Traffic = Traffic Prioritization - this is now done automatically so more sophisticated than the R1 firmware
  • Ping Stats = Ping graph that appears below your Geo-Filter when you play a game. We now show the server name to give more information
  • Anti-Flood = Anti-Bufferbloat. This is just as effective before, but now has a mode when it only applies when you are playing a game, meaning it only activates when you need it. Again this more sophisticated

There will be more, new features coming soon. No eta, but DumaOS is a rapid development platform so we will be going at a rate much faster than any other router company!