Network Map - Suggestion

So I have a ton of devices - heavy user.. If I showed you a screenshot of my network map you would see my concern. There are so many devices that it is very hard to even read what the map is showing... Is there a list option planned view or some alternate view of the network map in the future?

The text at this point is unreadable I literally have to guess by clicking the icons with as many devices as I have..

Thanks.

That is a tough workaround considering alot of manual work to click and delete them one by one... Those devices will eventually come back as well..

If a list function is not planned perhaps a expand or collapse categories in the map would help.. (offline, 2G, 5G, LAN, etc).

• Administrators

That is a tough workaround considering alot of manual work to click and delete them one by one... Those devices will eventually come back as well..

If a list function is not planned perhaps a expand or collapse categories in the map would help.. (offline, 2G, 5G, LAN, etc).

I totally understand. We will escalate it to the Development team, I believe a similar suggestion has been made before so it will likely be implemented. Not the next firmware but maybe the one after. Just like our previous firmware, we will develop new features for DumaOS rapidly based on user feedback, so thanks again for letting us know you would like this change.

• 4 months later...

An expand/collapse categories feature (especially for offline devices) would be amazing. I operate a small business that has quite a few unique phones utilizing the wi-fi, so I take a few minutes every night to manually purge the excess devices. At some point I should probably just get an AP.

• Administrators

An expand/collapse categories feature (especially for offline devices) would be amazing. I operate a small business that has quite a few unique phones utilizing the wi-fi, so I take a few minutes every night to manually purge the excess devices. At some point I should probably just get an AP.

Yeah thats a good suggestion we'll likely incorporate that in future!

• 4 months later...

Hi Netduma,

It's now getting into the holidays, and we're getting a ton more people on our network.  I really wish I could disable the network map as it's designed and just get a list, and maybe the option to see specific sections of the list (guest wifi, wired, 5ghz, 2.4ghz, etc), but that's not required by any means if there's at least a sorting option of some sort.  I'd also be cool with—maybe even prefer—it not updating in real-time if it meant that I could get this—just give me a refresh button I can click and reload it all as needed.

While I'm wishing, it'd be great if on the detail screen for a device, if you could show a real-time bandwidth chart for that device only.

Anyways, I just mainly wanted to hop on the bandwagon to let you know that this is still very much needed.

-Joel