I need help...

undesireddiscovery

Well, I recently purchased a router after I had experienced issues with COD:AW and some other multiplayer games. I have tried setting the Router up but it appears that it pretty much replaces any of my connections and that is not really helping. If any one knows how to help that would be greatly appriciated. Oh, and I have tried to follow the quick set-up guide which came with the Router, but it does not really help my situation.

• Netduma Staff

SO I am guessing if my ISP is not listed on there then I cant use the router properly, I ask this becuase it appears that the page that I need has not acutally been made yet.

No :) The router works with all ISPs its just that there haven't been setup guides made for all of them. One of the pages on there is incorrect (I've just noticed) but it does work with all ISPs.

No :) The router works with all ISPs its just that there haven't been setup guides made for all of them. One of the pages on there is incorrect (I've just noticed) but it does work with all ISPs.

Thank you for the help so far, I have another question that would be helpful if you could help. So when I do plug my NetDuma Router into the ISP it seems that my ISPs connection is completly removed and I am forced for used the NetDuma as my main source of internet. Is there a way of having it just as wifi without it messing up any of my connections.

• Netduma Staff

Thank you for the help so far, I have another question that would be helpful if you could help. So when I do plug my NetDuma Router into the ISP it seems that my ISPs connection is completly removed and I am forced for used the NetDuma as my main source of internet. Is there a way of having it just as wifi without it messing up any of my connections.

Could you confirm how everything is set up? E.g Wall >> Modem >> ISP Router >> Netduma >>Consoles

>> Wifi devices

or however you have it set up :)

Could you confirm how everything is set up? E.g Wall >> Modem >> ISP Router >> Netduma >>Consoles

>> Wifi devices

or however you have it set up :)

So It will bassically go ISP Router >>> Netduma >>> Xbox One & PC. Not sure if that really helps but yeh, thats how it is set up.

You should run all devices from the netduma so you can fully utilise the congestion control , say if you used wifi from the isp router then that could cause lag while you play if other people were using your network.

Or on the other hand if you use other devices wired from your isp router this can also cause in game lag if other people are on the network.

You should run all devices from the netduma so you can fully utilise the congestion control , say if you used wifi from the isp router then that could cause lag while you play if other people were using your network.

Okay, I basically have hooked up the router to the ISP router and It is connected by a blue wire. Not sure if that really helps but that the current set-up. And then from there things such as my Xbox and PC are all hooked up to the Router.

• Netduma Staff

Okay, I basically have hooked up the router to the ISP router and It is connected by a blue wire. Not sure if that really helps but that the current set-up. And then from there things such as my Xbox and PC are all hooked up to the Router.

Its best to connect everything through the Netduma as you can then utilise congestion control fully.

Was there any particular reason that you wanted to also be able to connect to the ISP router? :)

Its best to connect everything through the Netduma as you can then utilise congestion control fully.

Was there any particular reason that you wanted to also be able to connect to the ISP router? :)

tbh, I am very new to setting this kind of stuff up, thats why I am very confused half the time lol. Like I said, thanks again for all the help

:)

• Netduma Staff

tbh, I am very new to setting this kind of stuff up, thats why I am very confused half the time lol. Like I said, thanks again for all the help

:)

Ok, thats no problem :) It would definitely be better to send everything through the Netduma so if you don't need to connect to the ISP router then your better off connecting everything to the Netduma.

Archived