Using netduma on Billion thats bridged

Quick question, I have a billion 8800 axl set up in bridge mode to my Asus 87U which has all wifi connected, my Duma is then connected to the Asus in DMZ link to ps4, is it possible to connect the Netduma to the Billion (which is in modem mode) and then acquire an 2nd internet connection to then plug ps4 in to Duma, sorry I`m away at the moment but it`s a thought that has crossed my mind. 

Thanks

• Netduma Staff

Not quite sure what you mean by second internet connection.

Do you mean setting it up like:

Billion >> Asus >> Other devices on Wifi

>> Netduma >> PS4

then yes you can do that as long as there is an ethernet port on the billion for the Netduma.

It is usually best to have everything running through the Netduma though so it might be better to have:

Billion >> Netduma >> Asus for Wifi >> Other wifi devices

>> PS4

>> Other wired devices or devices you want to connect directly to the Netduma

If this isn't what you meant can you explain what you were trying to do :)

Basically like this.

Billion > Asus > for wifi (as I need the AC draft and 5Ghz plus extensive range for the house)

Billion > Netduma> PS4 (wired) 

The billion basically gives me a VDSL Router/ modem with extra Ethernet ports but I have it in bridge mode and Asus finds the ppoe connection, so basically not sure if I plugged in the Netduma into and tried to get the ppoe again whether it would work 

http://www.billion.uk.com/product/vdsl/8800AXL.htm

Cheers,

can`t try it as I`m away at work in the North sea but it crossed my mind, I did try plugging in the ps4 directly into the billion and trying to get it connect but that did not work.

• Netduma Staff

Basically like this.

Billion > Asus > for wifi (as I need the AC draft and 5Ghz plus extensive range for the house)

Billion > Netduma> PS4 (wired) 

The billion basically gives me a VDSL Router/ modem with extra Ethernet ports but I have it in bridge mode and Asus finds the ppoe connection, so basically not sure if I plugged in the Netduma into and tried to get the ppoe again whether it would work 

http://www.billion.uk.com/product/vdsl/8800AXL.htm

Cheers,

can`t try it as I`m away at work in the North sea but it crossed my mind, I did try plugging in the ps4 directly into the billion and trying to get it connect but that did not work.

The Netduma has PPoE so if you know the PPoE details then you can connect the Netduma to the billion and it should work fine :)

Cheers Crossy, when I'm away my mind thinks better..lol... I will try this as I think it would be really good running my Duma straight into that modem

• Netduma Staff

Cheers Crossy, when I'm away my mind thinks better..lol... I will try this as I think it would be really good running my Duma straight into that modem

It would be a much better setup as everything would be running through the Duma so you could use the congestion control affectively :)

Archived