Getting constant “instant deaths” on every cod game [Not on Netduma]

So, I don’t have my Duma hooked up. Haven’t had it hooked up since I’ve moved to a place where I can’t directly control the internet (I’m gonna try getting my own though). But we have Comcast Xfinity here in Maine and for some reason, even with a 115 download and 5-6 upload connection and being hard wired with an open nat type in still seeing a ton of instant deaths. Like the ones where you see the guy and you’re dead before you even get to shoot. Or sometimes you don’t even get to see them and you die unexpectedly but in every kill cam they saw you the whole time. I’m guessing this is some sort of jitter or loss on my end. But do people with Comcast generally have a lot of lag issues? I have friends that have them and they dominate lobbies almost constantly (although I’m sure every Comcast market varies). Thoughts? Suggestions on my how I can improve this.

So, I don’t have my Duma hooked up. Haven’t had it hooked up since I’ve moved to a place where I can’t directly control the internet (I’m gonna try getting my own though). But we have Comcast Xfinity here in Maine and for some reason, even with a 115 download and 5-6 upload connection and being hard wired with an open nat type in still seeing a ton of instant deaths. Like the ones where you see the guy and you’re dead before you even get to shoot. Or sometimes you don’t even get to see them and you die unexpectedly but in every kill cam they saw you the whole time. I’m guessing this is some sort of jitter or loss on my end. But do people with Comcast generally have a lot of lag issues? I have friends that have them and they dominate lobbies almost constantly (although I’m sure every Comcast market varies). Thoughts? Suggestions on my how I can improve this.

It could be caused by local congestion on your line, if your not using the Duma then you can’t eliminate the congestion.

If you want to check your line just to rule out any faults with it, download PingPlotter, ping twitter.com, set interval to 2.5 and run the test for 10 minutes minimum with no one using the internet. You could then run it while your gaming and compare the results.

Hmm from what I could see my ping on the modems IP seemed fairly stable....but down the line there was occasional packet loss at one hop (4%) and some jitter. Although this would either be an error due to using ping plotter as it can report false loss sometimes or, just poor routing that I will never have control over

Hmm from what I could see my ping on the modems IP seemed fairly stable....but down the line there was occasional packet loss at one hop (4%) and some jitter. Although this would either be an error due to using ping plotter as it can report false loss sometimes or, just poor routing that I will never have control over

As far as I’m aware PingPlotter only shows false packet loss if you set the interval to <2.5 seconds.

If it’s ww2 even with duma and control it’s still very hit or miss at this point. I’m able to force some good games, but seems like when I’m really killing it I get kicked again, not sure what the deal is cause my lines great.

This drives me crazy. I've had only 1 or 2 games where I would say they were good and I always get kicked mid way through when it feels like I am doing good and the game is working as it should. What is going on with this game?!?

This drives me crazy. I've had only 1 or 2 games where I would say they were good and I always get kicked mid way through when it feels like I am doing good and the game is working as it should. What is going on with this game?!?

Truly wish I knew it has to be something with sbmm, or I mean “team balancing” since Condrey said sbmm isn’t in this game and he’d never lie for profit, smh. In this case they are using team skill based match making more than any cod before for balance is all I can assume. Seems the only games I’m kicked from are ones where I’m destroying people, you’d think the sketchy games you get beat up in and feel behind everyone would be when the connection kicks you from being terrible so it’s not that. This skill over connection sucks, since the last update I’m a yellow bar some games now with a great connection simply to put me into these sweaty lobbies. If they can do both well fine use the sbmm even in pubs for whatever reason, but they’re too cheap for that so they need to make connection over skill for mm until they spend some of these millions to upgrade their end of the online play. The way it is skill doesn’t matter much it’s a lottery who gets hit detection and who gets to see their opponent that decides half the gunfights.