Dedicated server problem

I am forever getting a dedicated host about 305 miles from me in Europe Franceish and it's always rubbish. I lose connection to host everytime. I temp ban it I change geo filter by distance and ping etc but it always goes back.

If you temp ban a server during a game it will kick you from the game. If you want to avoid that specific server set your ping assist to 0, make sure the server is outside your geo-filter range and tick strict mode.

• Netduma Staff

I am forever getting a dedicated host about 305 miles from me in Europe Franceish and it's always rubbish. I lose connection to host everytime. I temp ban it I change geo filter by distance and ping etc but it always goes back.

The advice above is great - please let us know if this works for you :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Netduma Staff

You need to have Strict Mode enabled and Ping Assist at 0ms. That ensures that no matter what, you can't physically connect to anything outside the Geo-Filter radius.

Then, you could place your Geo-Filter radius somewhere that excludes the server in question but still encompasses a decent area. If the server was in the south of France for instance, you could have your radius cover the UK as well as parts of northern and Eastern Europe. Experimenting with your Geo home location with the settings I have suggested will be the solution to connecting to that bad server.