Fiber ATT, netduma router issue unable to reach higher download and upload speeds

Hello everyone,

Had netduma for 2 years now and its been awesome. Recent switch to ATT fiber and getting 1000 down and 1000 upload speed. With netduma I was reaching  600 download and 582 upload speed, which was really great. Was working fine for 3 months up until now. When I go to speed test I am only getting 87 down and 86 upload speed, even though I have the same settings. So I thought it was my modem acting up. So then i decided to plug my pc direct to ATT modem and was getting 980 download and upload speeds. I've resetted the netduma router already and have the same settings last time. I am still getting 87 max. Is there a fix or an update I need to do? Thanks in advance.

If you go to the Congestion Control page, click update bandwidth, enter your speeds as 999 as to wont accept 1000, click update bandwidth . When it asks you if you want to auto setup click yes. Do you get your speeds now?

• Netduma Staff

Hello everyone,

Had netduma for 2 years now and its been awesome. Recent switch to ATT fiber and getting 1000 down and 1000 upload speed. With netduma I was reaching  600 download and 582 upload speed, which was really great. Was working fine for 3 months up until now. When I go to speed test I am only getting 87 down and 86 upload speed, even though I have the same settings. So I thought it was my modem acting up. So then i decided to plug my pc direct to ATT modem and was getting 980 download and upload speeds. I've resetted the netduma router already and have the same settings last time. I am still getting 87 max. Is there a fix or an update I need to do? Thanks in advance.

Hi, welcome to the forum! Please give the advice above a go, and also make sure you use the same Ethernet cable that you tested with your Modem. I'd also reboot the Netduma from Settings > Miscellaneous.

If you go to the Congestion Control page, click update bandwidth, enter your speeds as 999 as to wont accept 1000, click update bandwidth . When it asks you if you want to auto setup click yes. Do you get your speeds now?

yes I have it set as 999 already. 

Hi, welcome to the forum! Please give the advice above a go, and also make sure you use the same Ethernet cable that you tested with your Modem. I'd also reboot the Netduma from Settings > Miscellaneous.

I am still using the same cables, cat 6, and rebooted the router from the settings. I also tried rebooting it factory settings and trying all over from scratch and still unable to get the speeds. Thanks for both responding and the support :)

yes I have it set as 999 already. 

I am still using the same cables, cat 6, and rebooted the router from the settings. I also tried rebooting it factory settings and trying all over from scratch and still unable to get the speeds. Thanks for both responding and the support :)

Can you double check these settings?

Reactive Algorithm

100% anti-flood

Share excess enabled

Reset device prioritisation & apply

Disable IPv6 in WAN, LAN & misc

Disable deep packet in misc

Enable super turbo mode

Ensure the ethernet cables you're using connecting the R1 to hub & R1 to PC are Cat5e+/can handle your speeds.

Do a wired speed test from a PC