GEOFILTER NOT FINDING PS4

Hello,  I am hard wired.  When I go to select a service the only 2 options that the drop down tab gives me is main office and nameless device.  Please help.  netduma port 1 goes to my other router.  netduma port 2 goes to PS4.  Netduma port 3 goes to my computer.  all hard wired.

• Administrators

Erm hey Lonnie. Remember you have to switch on the playstation then try again. If you still don't see it please go to "Settings > DHCP Lease" and show me a screenshot of the page. 

• Administrators

Erm hey Lonnie. Remember you have to switch on the playstation then try again. If you still don't see it please go to "Settings > DHCP Lease" and show me a screenshot of the page. 

• Administrators

Don't worry Lonnie MAC addresses are only used for single hop. So there isn't really a security risk on the Internet.  Can you PM the MAC address if you prefer. I'll double check its a playstation.

In fact if you're interested the first 3 octets of the MAC address tell you the manufacturer. So could you give me the first three, there is absolute no risk in giving that out :) 

I  am almost computer illiterate.  When I click select service it comes up with 2 choices. 1- main office 2- nameless device.  when I look at videos all devices connected to the netduma including PS4 come up as an option here.  As I stated before I am connected via Ethernet from my PS4 to netduma.  I don't understand that verifying that my Ps4 is really a ps4 solves anything.  I am not trying to be a smart ass but I am frustrated.  I have had the netduma for a few weeks and I can't figure this shit out.  Thankyou

• Netduma Staff

I  am almost computer illiterate.  When I click select service it comes up with 2 choices. 1- main office 2- nameless device.  when I look at videos all devices connected to the netduma including PS4 come up as an option here.  As I stated before I am connected via Ethernet from my PS4 to netduma.  I don't understand that verifying that my Ps4 is really a ps4 solves anything.  I am not trying to be a smart ass but I am frustrated.  I have had the netduma for a few weeks and I can't figure this shit out.  Thankyou

Hi Lonnie,

If you come into chat I can help you quicker in there.

If you can't come into chat then can you just select the unnamed device, then choose 'Playstation Network'. When you search for a game see if anything shows up on the GeoFilter. If it does then you've got the right thing, if it doesn't then we can work out why the playstation isn't showing up. If you post/PM the MAC address then I can check to see if is the PS4 like Iain said he would.

192 ARE THE 1ST 3 FOR PS4.  MY MAP SHOWS ONE GREEN SQUARE AND ONE RED SQUARE.  THIS DOES NOT EVER CHANGE.  I SHOW NO OTHER HOSTS THROUGHT THE ENTIRE USA.  I AM TRYING TO USE CHAT BUT IT KEEPS SAYING WAIT FOR DOWNLOAD.  I DO HAVE INTERNET CONNECTION THROUGH MY PS4 BUT IT LAGS WORSE NOW COMPARED TO NO NETDUMA.  my diagnostic test is good-exceptional-exceptional-no packet loss.  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!!  I HAVE ALSO CONNECTED MY I PHONE TO THE NETDUMA AND IT DOES NOT SHOW UP ANYWHERE AS A DEVICE AS WELL.

• Netduma Staff

192 ARE THE 1ST 3 FOR PS4.  MY MAP SHOWS ONE GREEN SQUARE AND ONE RED SQUARE.  THIS DOES NOT EVER CHANGE.  I SHOW NO OTHER HOSTS THROUGHT THE ENTIRE USA.  I AM TRYING TO USE CHAT BUT IT KEEPS SAYING WAIT FOR DOWNLOAD.  I DO HAVE INTERNET CONNECTION THROUGH MY PS4 BUT IT LAGS WORSE NOW COMPARED TO NO NETDUMA.  my diagnostic test is good-exceptional-exceptional-no packet loss.  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!!  I HAVE ALSO CONNECTED MY I PHONE TO THE NETDUMA AND IT DOES NOT SHOW UP ANYWHERE AS A DEVICE AS WELL.

I responded to your other thread. In addition to what I said there, can you take a screen shot of your device manager?

• Administrators

Hey Lonnie if you'd like some help we can schedule a 1 on 1 in the chat room to get you upto speed fast. Are you available during week days in GMT hours? 

• Administrators

Fantastic Loonie, did someone help you or did you figure it out yourself? I thought you & Fraser we're scheduling a time to use the chat room?

Archived