Installation Questions

I'm using a NetGear WNDR3400 as my primary router for all of my wireless devices for the exception of my laptop which I use to access the NetDuma dashboard. The way I have mine set up makes me question whether it works properly or not.

From the wall, I've plugged my ISP ethernet wire into the yellow port, LAN, of the NetGear. From there I used the red ethernet cable provided to connect my NetDuma. I went from a WAN port on the NetGear to the PoE. Does this work fine? My initial plan was to go from LAN to PoE, but I wasn't able to connect to the internet.

I have an open NAT, and everything seems fine. I guess I need assurance from someone with more knowledge to say yea or nea, thanks!

• Netduma Staff

The only issue with that set up is you can't use all the Netduma's features such as congestion controll. It would be better if everything was connected to the Netduma.

You could connect the Netgear to the LAN side of the Netduma and then you woule be able to use its Wifi and all of the Netduma features.

• Administrators

I agree with Crossy I suggest Wall > Modem > R1 > Netgear

Also in your scenario I'm not familiar with Netgear myself but I'm pretty sure you don't connect the R1 to the WAN side. 

Archived