Contention Control and host filtering enquiry

Hello,

So to start off, I live in Egypt, My connection is 8mb Download 1mb Upload. I know this is very bad for gaming since upload speed is very important BUT this is what we have here and no other ISP provides higher Upload speed that would make a difference.

My question is, Recommended by netduma to set the congestion control to 70% for the best COD experience, wouldn't that be killing my game since my upload speed is already very low?  Also I have other devices using the internet while I am playing, I always set 75% of the upload speed to my xbox and the rest to the other devices, turning on "Share access" OFF. when I am done playing I turn Share access back on so all devices could get internet access again. 

I usually keep my congestion levers on 90% download 95% upload and the priority to the Xbox set on 46% of the download and 75% of the upload so my xbox would get around 2.5 mb Download and about 0.60 mb Upload without sharing it with anyone. also putting my xbox in hyper lane. Is there a better setup for my case ?

Qustion 2:

I have an access point connected weird to the netduma that used to appear in the device list but since I reset factory settings last month it doesnt want to appear anymore and still gets access. is 

Qustion 3:

is there a way to lock a whole country from hosting? Since I live in Egypt COD keeps connecting me to hosts in saudi arabia and UAE which pings between 180 and 270, ofcourse I keep getting one bar, I tried rating them and denying the hosts from the host control but I still get connected to them. on the other hand Hosts from Germany or serounding countries give me a ping between 65 to 80 with is perfect from where I am. 

Thanx  

Hello,

Your speeds are more than adequate for gaming, you only need about 300kbps. I have 7 down 0.8 up and myself, my wife & our 2 sons all game without a problem. I set my congestion control at 70 down 90 up, no prioritisation, xboxes in hyperlane and share excess ticked. This works great for us.

I’m not sure why you access point isn’t showing up, but if it’s working I wouldn’t be overly concerned.

The geo-filter stops you from connecting to servers outside the radius you set. Given your location it might be better for you to use ‘ping assist’ to find games.

Set your home location in the ocean

Make sure strict mode is ticked

Set ‘ping assist’ to 80ms

• Netduma Staff

Hi,

The advice above is great - your speeds are great for gaming. So long as you're using the Pre-emptive algorithm, 70/70 Anti-flood, Share Excess and Hyper Traffic, you should be good to go.

You could also try disabling IPv6 in LAN, WAN and Misc settings, as well as Deep Packet Processing in Misc settings :)

Thanx guys, will definitely give it a shot tomorrow. I already tried going ping assist only at 80 (which I am used too, lower than that would be pure luck) while setting my home location in the ocean but I still get bad hosts and 1 bars for some reason after waiting 15 minutes or more to find a game. 

I will take the advice and keep testing, hopefully, I will find the best settings. Really appreciate your replies :)  

Thanx guys, will definitely give it a shot tomorrow. I already tried going ping assist only at 80 (which I am used too, lower than that would be pure luck) while setting my home location in the ocean but I still get bad hosts and 1 bars for some reason after waiting 15 minutes or more to find a game. 

I will take the advice and keep testing, hopefully, I will find the best settings. Really appreciate your replies :)

You could also download PingPlotter (it’s free) and run some tests on your line just to make sure everything is good at your end. Ping twitter.com and set the interval to 2.5 seconds. You can post the results here if you want us to take a look