Booted from lobbies constantly

Apowell

Lately I've been constantly getting booted from lobbies. I'll land one, then within a few seconds it will boot me and switch back and forth between the same lobby and another one. Eventually I have to back out and/ or restart the game. I'm playing in the after noon and at night on the east coast US with the filter set around 1000km, so I'm not sure what the problem is. As soon as I disable I get right into a lobby. I have reset the router also. I'm on the most current firmware.

• Netduma Staff

When this happens do you see a padlock on the GeoFilter? If you do, expand the GeoFilter to include it.

Lobby booting will also stop if you disable strict mode but you may find that you connect to games that are further away if you do this. You could try setting your ping assist a bit higher to include the server that is being blocked too.

I am sure we all get this from time to time its part and parcel from blocking most of the world :)

I just back out of the offending lobby and wait a small while for it to populate without me and then re search , means i can keep a very tight ship with my geo and get really close to home games, its worth it in my books.

I hardly have any bootings since I turned off ping assist.

• Netduma Staff

I have seen some padlocks. I'll give the other stuff a go also. Thanks.

Ok. If you see the padlocks, try and expand the GeoFilter just enough to include them, you should find that the lobby booting stops :)

• Netduma Staff

Yeah, but it is happening a lot lately. I'm sure the player count is crap also, which is another reason why no one can find p2p games right now, if any at all.

Yes, the player count will probably be a big factor in the lobby booting.

Let us know how you get on with the stuff I put in the other post - hopefully it reduces the lobby booting :)

The player count and playlists will be all screwed up for a few weeks because the latest DLC dropped, Monday.

I was able to get into a few games and they are fun maps, but I know my experience is unique to me and may not be universal.

Archived