Please hold geo-filter reviews and help videos

Guest Netduma_Iain

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi everyone,

I really love all reviews and help videos you've been doing. It is amazing to see people enjoying the product. However may I ask you hold off on your reviews until a few days after v1.02.6(or later if I specify). This is not to stop you doing honest reviews. Its because v1.02.4 and v1.02.5 are actually stepping stones to optimising the geo-filter. You'll find that versions below 1.02.4 will have better online play BUT they have the lobby booting issue.

I needed more information to find the optimum solution(geo-filter on steroids) and versions 1.02.4-5 primary purpose was to get the information and cloud migration needed to optimise the heck out of the geo-filter. I'm very optimistic you'll find v1.02.6 to have the smooth connections of pre .4 but without the lobby booting issues(or at least dramatically reduced and over time eliminated). So in theory you'll see faster search times and smooth connections. 

Thanks for understanding, if you have any questions I'll be happy to answer in the morning. 

Iain,

can you maybe explain the difference ? i have been playing all day yesterday with .4 and did not get kicked at all (filter at 415 km). i did experience some real laggy games (not much maybe 4/5) with pings close to 100ms. 

just interested in the logic

Guest Netduma_Iain

Its basically just getting the geo-filter the most up to date information about the state of the Internet. Once we have that the geo-filter will work exactly as intended. 

Its basically just getting the geo-filter the most up to date information about the state of the Internet. Once we have that the geo-filter will work exactly as intended. 

crowd source geo-filter for the win

Archived