Strange subnet Issue

Hi all, i have a really strange situation going on at the moment, not sure how or why , but my netduma subnet ip address of .88 is showing in my sky hub gui on upnp and also on my ps4 but the problem is i have taken the netduma out of the network to double check speeds i was getting  from the hub, it is unplugged from electrics and from the sky lan.

I have factory reset the console, netduma and sky hub but both the sky hub and the ps4 both still have .88 showing when they are on the .0 subnet, not sure if this has happened to anybody else before, dont understand it myself.

Just to simplify if im confusing anybody, my ps4 is showing an ip address which it gets from the netduma, but it is connected to the sky hub its not assigned to the ps4 manually but from the auto setting, in the sky hub menu under upnp it is showing the open ports for the ps4 but with the .88 ip address when it should have something like 192.168.0.4.

any ideas?

thanks for the reply frazer unfortunately it is set to auto, not only that but the sky router/hub is also showing the .88 subnet when it is set to the default .0 subnet? never seen nothing like it before, i mean how are they even communicating? it still connects to call of duty and still has an open nat, just very strange.

Its still doing it now reconnecting to the sky hub, i go to network details and it has an ip address of 192.168.88.103 and a subnet mask of 255.255.0.0, it is suppose to be on 192.168.0.X on subnet mask 255.255.255.0 even though i've selected auto setup in network settings???

• Administrators

thanks for the reply frazer unfortunately it is set to auto, not only that but the sky router/hub is also showing the .88 subnet when it is set to the default .0 subnet? never seen nothing like it before, i mean how are they even communicating? it still connects to call of duty and still has an open nat, just very strange.

Its still doing it now reconnecting to the sky hub, i go to network details and it has an ip address of 192.168.88.103 and a subnet mask of 255.255.0.0, it is suppose to be on 192.168.0.X on subnet mask 255.255.255.0 even though i've selected auto setup in network settings???

Very confusing. It may be a typo error. Try this:

From your PC connected to the hub open a command prompt.

Ping 192.168.88.103 - does it work? Then try:

Ping 192.168.0.103 - does it work? 

If the 88 doesn't ping but the 0 does then it's some weird typo. If neither work then I'm legitimately confused.

Unbelievable it is responding when pinging 192.168.88.103 through sky hub.... i really dont understand what is going on?

ok some really weird stuff is going on here, my laptop has an ip address 192.168.1.113 with the same 255.255.0.0 subnet mask, so two devices connected to sky hub both on different subnets, pc ip also responding to ping

and it says default gateway is 192.168.0.1, i went to the sky hub gui and attached devices is msi laptop 192.168.1.113 and ps4 pro 192.168.88.103 all this when the sky hub is 192.168.0.1.

I did they are dhcp leased not static addresses, its ok, doesnt interfere with gaming or internet, just really strange and bugging me, the fact that they both respond over sky network to ping is weird, if i ping their addresses over .0 subnet like they should be on it says destination host unavailable.