Is wifi workaround designed for this?

I've personally never had problems with WiFi on the R1; my phone has never lost connection, and neither has my Amazon Fire TV even though it's on the other side of the house. However I've recently been using my laptop and noticed some issues that don't appear if I use my ISP modem/router's (BT Smart Hub) WiFi. When I attempt to connect my laptop to the R1, I will either connect instantly and the connection will drop out, or it just won't connect. I can literally take the laptop to my R1, sit it on its head and it won't connect, even though it FINDS it with 100% signal.

Whether or not it'll connect first time seems to be random. The only thing I've noticed that works is changing channels, but it WILL eventually drop out again, be it 5 minutes or 5 hours later. None of my other devices deal with this problem so I assume it's a problem with computers or Windows 10 or something. Anyway, I'm sick of having to turn my Smart Hub WiFi on just to temporarily solve this because it means Congestion Control can't do its job, and it's annoying have to switch over when I can't connect to my preferred router.

Is this what WiFi workaround in the miscellaneous settings is for? I've never had a need for it so I'm not entirely sure what it's a workaround for ;) cheers.

• Administrators

You're describing an issue I have with my Mac on Virgin WiFi (not R1 WiFi). I have a few theories about why it occurs but nothing concrete yet. 

WiFi workaround would definitely be something to try for this scenario.

You're describing an issue I have with my Mac on Virgin WiFi (not R1 WiFi). I have a few theories about why it occurs but nothing concrete yet.

WiFi workaround would definitely be something to try for this scenario.

I just found the miscellaneous settings guide and notice it says it's for wireless congestion. Is it like an auto channel switch or something? I notice my Smart Hub WiFi changes every now and then and it says the Smart Channel feature is there to find the "best" channel on the fly. I've turned it on and I'll test it out later :)