Slow speeds thru the netduma

I've been lurking for a couple months now and decided to get a netduma after watching vids, reviews, and seeing mostly positive results.. in fact, I've only seen 1 negative but that was because the guy said he could build his own router doing the same thing cheap but he had the technical know how.

Anyhow, I have TWC/Spectrum 70 down and 10 up, using their modem (Arris SB6183). My old netgear was able to pull speeds of 15-25 ms ping, 75 down consistently (idk how it's more but I'll take it), and 4-6 up.

When I've set up the R1, I pull 21 ms ping, 2-3 Mbps down and 0.91 Mbps up. What gives? EEE is turned of on the Arris. IPvP6 is unticked in LAN, WAN, and misc. reset distribution, set the sliders to 100%, share Excess is ticked. I've tried turbo on (since I pull more than 60, right?) and off. I've tried both algorithms preemptive and reactive. Still the same!!

Also, everything is hardline and cat6 or using the netduma provided line.

I just want to get (close to) my speeds if possible and use the sliders. Thanks

First if you're gaming on the SB6183 then you're shooting yourself in the foot right out the door. That's my personal opinion, there are a handful of other here who claim to have perfectly fine results with that modem (they haven't tried any others though)

http://192.168.88.1/cgi-bin/devpanel.sh?mode=edit

Type in your bandwidth that you get, click update bandwidth and then yes when it ask to autoconfigure.

First if you're gaming on the SB6183 then you're shooting yourself in the foot right out the door. That's my personal opinion, there are a handful of other here who claim to have perfectly fine results with that modem (they haven't tried any others though)

http://192.168.88.1/cgi-bin/devpanel.sh?mode=edit

Type in your bandwidth that you get, click update bandwidth and then yes when it ask to autoconfigure.

i just went out and bought one that i'm pretty sure i saw you recommend in another thread.. the sb6141. also, i'm still new to this forum and just made another thread posting about my new modem. if its all the same to you, i'd like to keep it over here. what seems to be my issue? i'm still getting the same speeds as i was before.

i just went out and bought one that i'm pretty sure i saw you recommend in another thread.. the sb6141. also, i'm still new to this forum and just made another thread posting about my new modem. if its all the same to you, i'd like to keep it over here. what seems to be my issue? i'm still getting the same speeds as i was before.

I'd never recommend the SB6141 lol Arris in general has been horrible. I go for the TP-Link Archer C7

Generally speeds issues are 99% user error and 1% faulty hardware. I've seen people on here have speed issues and it was the Netduma but  that's a small handful compared to people who just have settings wrong.

• Administrators

What's your physical setup? Are you using any power line adapters? Double check:

• Reactive Algorithm
  • 100% anti-flood
  • Share excess enabled
  • Reset device prioritisation & apply
  • Disable IPv6 in WAN, LAN & misc
  • Disable deep packet in misc
  • Ensure the ethernet cables you're using connecting the R1 to hub & R1 to PC are Cat5e+/can handle your speeds.
  • Do a wired speed test from a PC

What's your physical setup? Are you using any power line adapters? Double check:

• Reactive Algorithm
  • 100% anti-flood
  • Share excess enabled
  • Reset device prioritisation & apply
  • Disable IPv6 in WAN, LAN & misc
  • Disable deep packet in misc
  • Ensure the ethernet cables you're using connecting the R1 to hub & R1 to PC are Cat5e+/can handle your speeds.
  • Do a wired speed test from a PC

the only thing i didn't have or didn't do on your list is having deep packets unticked. there is no change in my speeds. all of my are cat5 or higher. there is no change in my speeds.

edit: i thought i did have deep packets unticked.. it must've been beforei did a reset of the R1. thanks for your feedback on a sunday

• Administrators

Ok, I ended up buying the TC-7620 model because it was on sale for the same price as the TC-7610. Is there any special settings I need to have?

You shouldn't need to change anything specifically to accommodate a new modem either on the modem itself or the R1.