New modem now Netduma won't work!

Hi! I had a Thomson TCM470 modem with 100/30 line. I upgraded to a 500/50 line and got a newer modem, Techincolor TC4210.

Now when I use the Netduma, I have 300 ms ping and 0.5 mbps. Without the Netduma and using a regular router i got 500/50 that I pay for.

I have searched the forum and try everything that others have tried. Then I saw someone who had a similar problem when using a speedtest and someone answered that the modem was the problem. Do anyone have a solution to this??

• Netduma Staff

Hi! I had a Thomson TCM470 modem with 100/30 line. I upgraded to a 500/50 line and got a newer modem, Techincolor TC4210.

Now when I use the Netduma, I have 300 ms ping and 0.5 mbps. Without the Netduma and using a regular router i got 500/50 that I pay for.

I have searched the forum and try everything that others have tried. Then I saw someone who had a similar problem when using a speedtest and someone answered that the modem was the problem. Do anyone have a solution to this??

Hi, welcome to the forum! The best way to figure this out is to run a pingplotter test for a few hours, pinging something like Twitter.com. If you ran that test with the Netduma disconnected and one with it connected, you should be able to prove that either the Modem is causing it or the Netduma. You'll also get a pretty good understanding of the issue.

For now you could try out these settings, though unfortunately I believe the 300ms ping is due to your base ping increasing drastically due to the new modem. Still:

- 1000km Distance

- 0ms Ping Assist

- Strict Mode on

- Reactive Algorithm
- 70% anti-flood
- Console in Hyper Traffic
- Disable IPv6 in WAN, LAN & misc
- Disable deep packet in misc
- Enable turbo mode
- Enable super turbo mode
- Ensure the ethernet cables you're using connecting the R1 to hub & R1 to PC are Cat5e+/can handle your speeds.
- Do a wired speed test from a PC

I'd also recommend connecting a spare modem if you have one and seeing if the issue still occurs. Let us know how you get on :)

Hi! Thank you for the reply!

Without Netduma to Twitter.com = 37,7 ms

With Netduma without speedtest= 36,4 ms

With Netduma after a speedtest = 2485,6 ms

These are from the average line.

Even with Netduma without a speedtest is very laggy with the settings you wrote.

Goes from 1-2 bar in COD even though the players are very close.

I dont know how to set in a pic file here, but I took a screenshot of all the test.

Without the Netduma I got 470/48 mbps and 7 ping on Speedtest.com

All was fine before the new modem arrived.

• Netduma Staff

Hi! Thank you for the reply!

Without Netduma to Twitter.com = 37,7 ms

With Netduma without speedtest= 36,4 ms

With Netduma after a speedtest = 2485,6 ms

These are from the average line.

Even with Netduma without a speedtest is very laggy with the settings you wrote.

Goes from 1-2 bar in COD even though the players are very close.

I dont know how to set in a pic file here, but I took a screenshot of all the test.

Without the Netduma I got 470/48 mbps and 7 ping on Speedtest.com

All was fine before the new modem arrived.

Unfortunately there's only so much the Netduma can do - new modems can cause havoc on your connection, and it looks like your Thomson TCM470 has done just that. Are all devices connected to the Netduma? What are the results of an Internet Diagnostics test?

To upload a photo, I'd recommend using Gyazo or Imgur and posting a link - that's a pretty easy way to do it :)

So the Netduma doesn't work with certain modems? It`s the Technicolor TC4210 that are the new one. It is so strange because my Asus router works just fine withe the new modem aswell the old one.  

• Netduma Staff

So the Netduma doesn't work with certain modems? It`s the Technicolor TC4210 that are the new one. It is so strange because my Asus router works just fine withe the new modem aswell the old one.  

It's very rare for a modem to be completely incompatible with the Netduma, and usually those that are have issues with other routers as well.

Are all devices connected to the Netduma? Is your setup Technicolor > Netduma > All devices?

Do you know if you require PPPoE? If so, input those on the Netduma WAN settings. Also ensure that your Technicolor doesn't require a firmware update, and power off both your Technicolor and your Netduma before powering them up again (modem first).

Please let us know if these suggestions help :)

Some work better than others. I have tc-7610 from TP-link.