UK's FTTP investment

Zennon

Yesterday the UK government has today launched its £400m Digital Infrastructure Investment Fund.

Playing catch up to other country's hoping for 80% fibre to property coverage by 2026

As it stands most of us are on fibre to cabinet with a few lucky ones to property already.

Full article here

It's disappointing that other countries are so much further forward with FTTP than the UK, I suppose it's a start though. We're still on 6/0.3 DSL here, hoping to have FTTC by the end of the year. Some areas here still can't even get ADSL and have to rely on satellite broadband.

As long as you have a low jitter ping then you are good, I was on 6mb ADSL and it was exactly the same as my fibre now for ping time and low jitter.

Only downside is game / patch downloads take forever, I hope you get your FTTC soon fella.

As long as you have a low jitter ping then you are good, I was on 6mb ADSL and it was exactly the same as my fibre now for ping time and low jitter.

Only downside is game / patch downloads take forever, I hope you get your FTTC soon fella.

My base ping is 50ms and the jitter is pretty good. Downloads take an eternity mate especially as me, wife & 2 boys all game. We're really close to the exchange so we get the fastest speeds possible.

Openreach are testing long-line VDSL up here in places at the minute, that will make a big difference to rural communities who get low speed or no broadband

OR are busy installing Huawei all in one cabinets on the island but because we get a decent service compared to others we'll be one of the last cab's to be installed.