Update the internal WiFi hardware

Can we look forward to netduma upgrading the hardware anytime soon to support the latest AC wave 2 anytime soon on new routers? I love the product and have always had to use my own wireless because the internal is so outdated.

I would love to be able to suggest your product to others, but most can afford to buy Netduma and another 3rd party product for better wireless. They all flock to the big box products to get AC. Now that Wave 2 had become available it would be nice to see netduma upgrade its new line to better align with other vendors. 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

At the moment we're just focusing on improving the software as much as possible. I'm sure after that we may look into it as we know people want better wireless.

• 3 weeks later...

I know it would be impossible to implement due to optimization and DRM issues , but a firmware update to 3rd party capable routers would be insanely cool. I love the Netduma but the hardware does lack a little. It's older hardware which is understandable. For now, I'm just using the Netduma as my main router and using a Google Wifi AP in the middle of the house. Works until Google updates their Wifi's so I can use their mesh capabilities while just being an AP. 

• Administrators

That has been brought up before, significant work would need to go into porting the software onto different hardware, then testing it etc. Then having technical support for all those different routers. We hear you but right now that's not a viable option.