why cant i throttle seperate devices in my home ?

gamerukali

I love the congesstion feature but i think it rrally needs a option to throttle indivitudal devices, i want to throttle just my console without having to make evryones device in the house to slow too

• Netduma Staff

The whole point of the congestion control feature is to eliminate local congestion. That means that if you were only throttling one device like your console, the feature would be useless because there would still be all the other devices in your house that could cause local congestion.

The whole point of the congestion control feature is to eliminate local congestion. That means that if you were only throttling one device like your console, the feature would be useless because there would still be all the other devices in your house that could cause local congestion.

oh yes sorry your right so i gess i should reprahrase and ask why is their not a feautre that lets you throttle seperate devices ? Is this in the pipelines? I really hope so :)

• Netduma Staff

oh yes sorry your right so i gess i should reprahrase and ask why is their not a feautre that lets you throttle seperate devices ? Is this in the pipelines? I really hope so :)

Do you mean device prioritisation? Because throttling individual devices would be pointless (why would you want to be throttling devices anyway). Upload prioritisation is already there and download is on the system.

• Administrators

Ali the next update will transform everything including allowing much finer control of your bandwidth. So yes next updates will have it. 

Ali the next update will transform everything including allowing much finer control of your bandwidth. So yes next updates will have it.

oh thanks for informing me of this. i cant wait

Archived