Why is Ping so high on TitianFall 2

DumaRocks

Thought I would take break from IW for awhile, just starting to get boring.

Loaded up TF2, a game I haven't played for awhile and the ping is starting at 60ms to 80ms for a server that is near me when IW I ping on avg from 12ms to 15ms at almost the same exact distance. Same thing for Overwatch, I get an avg of 15ms  - 20ms if I remember correctly. Only played a couple of games and got wrecked, expected that would happen since I need to get use to the movement system, weapons and loadouts, maps etc. Here is the thing though, even once I learn the game better, If I am pinging that high now, will I ever be on an even playing field with other players or will there always be a big gap in connections amongst games. Even though I expected there to lose a lot of fights there were some really questionable ones where I unloaded a whole clip and I still died.

Anyone know why TF2 servers are so bad since that is the only thing that changes from game to game. I thought TF2 was suppose to have really good performance.

Any thoughts on this, did they downgrade due to lack of community? I am mostly casual player but do like to be competitive in matches. That would be a shame, I was counting on TF2 to be there when IW got boring which it is.

• Administrators

The Geo-filter isn't a consideration here so we'll just rule that out. 

Have you got ALL devices in the home connected to the R1? Do you have 70/70 anti-flood? Console in hyper traffic?

Do a ping plotter test, is your ping fluctuating a lot? 

I had good results with COD IW, played a few games than switched over to TF2 and the ping was 4 to 5 times higher in TF2 than what I normally get in IW. When I read their forum a lot of people are ok with the higher pings. 

I did both tests, DSLReports and Ping Plotter and was not getting anything different that what I could tell. I tried different servers and maybe two of fives games I got pings under 60ms but that is still really high in comparison.

Just curious what others experience has been like recently with this game.