Modem to buy

Nate2656

Hello everyone I bought a netduma r1 and have had nothing but problems with my Internet thought maybe it was the router itself but I looked around and saw that the sb6183 had issues with it so I'm looking to buy one that works. I hooked up a old arris cm830 and I'm only getting 38 up 7 down on a 100/10 connection. Does the cm500 netgear work ok? I need something fast so please help me out give me options. Thank you in advance.

What issues are you having with sb6183? That's what I have, I had the sb6190 since switching my ping dropped 15ms and have more consistent games.

Exactly what he just described is the problem wit the 6183 and the 6190. Rule of thumb... Stay away from any Arris.

Thank you for the responses I one day shipped the TP7610. With the SB my Internet was almost useless massive ping spikes and speeds closer to dial up. Cable company came out they say it looks like my router was causing the modem to have multiple ips or something.

Thank you for the responses I one day shipped the TP7610. With the SB my Internet was almost useless massive ping spikes and speeds closer to dial up. Cable company came out they say it looks like my router was causing the modem to have multiple ips or something.

You made a good purchase, especially if you have cable like MoD,Buck and myself.

The TP7610 definitely made a difference in the jitter and stability on my line.

MoD knows his stuff and pointed me in the right direction also.

• 2 months later...