game ports, hyper traffic profiles and game studio

a quick update from a issue i was complaining about a while back which we could not find a solution to or reason for the occurrence, im now certain of the cause of this problem and wanted to give a heads up to everyone and also request a way to stop it from causing any more problems.

i tried searching for the thread to link but nothings coming up, sorry, But you might remember it was about my xbox one and the network monitor showing a large amount of unusual ports and the bandwidth the xbox was using was excessively high, as shown in the attached pic.

The main offender of the high upload bandwidth usage was https traffic and im now certain of the reason and it is game studio, ie taking screenshots or 'xbox record that' clips. these being uploaded to xbox servers happens in the background immediately until completed and obviously having it hog all available upload bandwidth is going to make games no fun.

while it would have been nice for Microsoft to upload these in a similar manner as they do for downloading game updates and system updates when the console is off, or even automatically pause it while playing MP and resume when not playing online, but im hoping thats something Fraser can help with.

The problem is the game often uses random ports for game data so hyper traffic using specific ports isn't a solution currently, but would a tweak of the default hyper traffic profiles so that all game traffic for xbox live but not this type of traffic (ie no HTTPS) be possible to do, or something else to achieve the same result?

i think this would help everyone, as i consider myself to be an infrequent user of both features (screen shots or game clips) compared to everyone on my friends list at least, as the community tab on the xbox dashboard shows a never ending amount of content with often only minutes between posts, and with social media use in general increasing all the time, this is likely to only get worse, and with it hopefully being a simple thing to fix, it would be nice if it is something that can be added soonish. (i can be impatient occasionally, and while ASAP would be ideal, i expect its unlikely to happen until after the dumaOS release, so wiil try to be patient :P)

post-6569-0-16585500-1489228216_thumb.png

• Administrators

The https port isn't in the game service rule so it shouldn't have an adverse affect like that & congestion control should squash anything like that but does removing the console from hyper traffic prevent that from happening? 

Thanks for the update btw!