cant find my xbox one on the netduma R1

oatesy50

hi, i just received my netduma R1 today and connected it all up as show, but im having trouble finding my xbox on on the netduma

and i cannot connect to any online games, any help with this would be awesome! thanks! 

• Administrators

Hi Oatesy,

How have you got the xbox connected? Is it wired or wifi?

When you do xbox network check what does it say? 

Based on your answers to that we can help further :)

yes my xbox is connected to xbox live, and it is wired

and xbox network check says:

NAT Type: open 

All services are available 

Everything is good

your console is connected to the internet 

But im not playing xbox 360 im on xbox one, and i just played an online game testing if it works wirelessly ( which it does ) but as soon as i 

connect my xbox one to the netduma with an Ethernet cable it cannot fine the console on the router and i cant play online! its a bit confusing! 

• Netduma Staff

But im not playing xbox 360 im on xbox one, and i just played an online game testing if it works wirelessly ( which it does ) but as soon as i 

connect my xbox one to the netduma with an Ethernet cable it cannot fine the console on the router and i cant play online! its a bit confusing! 

Can you try a different ethernet cable and a different ethernet port? :)

• Administrators

It doesn't really make sense as you say you have Open NAT & everything working on the network test right?

I guess can you go to "Settings > LAN" and disable IPv6 click apply. Then go to "Settings > WAN" disable IPv6 then click apply. Then go to "Settings > Misc" and disable IPv6 linklocal. 

Then try it again please.

• Netduma Staff

Are you connecting via Automatic or manual?

First of all make sure you try automatic.

If that doesn't work try manual with following settings:

IP: 192.168.88.50

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Router IP (Default Gateway): 192.168.88.1

Primary DNS: 192.168.88.1

Secondary DNS: Leave Blank

Make sure you try automatic first as that is usually the problem but a couple of days ago setting a static IP fixed this for someone who was having a similar issue :)

Are you connecting via Automatic or manual?

First of all make sure you try automatic.

If that doesn't work try manual with following settings:

IP: 192.168.88.50

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Router IP (Default Gateway): 192.168.88.1

Primary DNS: 192.168.88.1

Secondary DNS: Leave Blank

Make sure you try automatic first as that is usually the problem but a couple of days ago setting a static IP fixed this for someone who was having a similar issue :)

i have just re-entered these setting and it seem to have worked, and i am back online!! :) Thank you both so much for the help! it is very much appreciated! :)

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys, i think having a bit of an issue with my netduma, When i first started using my netduma the connection was amazing (on COD AW) was winning most of the gun fights that i was in, wasn't dying around corners and the hit detection was flawless! But that doesn't seem to be the case any more, it feels like iv gone back to not having a netduma I.E dying round corners, not winning gun fight that i should and bullets not registering at all. I'm not sure if its my ISP's connection or something to do with my netduma?

Was just wondering if anyone could shed a little light on this situation?

Thanks!    

Archived