Device Manager?

We have detected you are connected to another router (as opposed to a modem).

In most cases the Netduma R1 circumvents this, however, if a game detects closed NAT you may need to enable modem mode or DMZ. Click here for more information.

This is the message i get.. ATT doesn't have DMZ anywhere when I go to the homepage.. Also, I don't have a closed NAT, but i still get this message?? Is something wrong?                                                                                                                          

• Netduma Staff

I think ATT has IP Passthrough instead which does the same thing. This doesn't mean anything is wrong it is just detecting that there is another router. If you have an Open NAT at the moment through though there is probably no need to change anything :) If you don't have an open NAT, then follow these instructions put use IP Passthrough instead of DMZ.

• Netduma Staff

It says "Moderate"... Is that good enough or no?

Open NAT is better. If you follow the instructions I put in that link but where the instructions refer to DMZ, you look at IP Passthrough :) Once doing that you should have an Open NAT. http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=how_do_i_open_my_nat

• Netduma Staff

I saw IP passthrough, but i dont know what to set it to. The only options it gives me is: Off, Default server, and Passthrough... It has been on OFF

Can you set it to "Passthough" and just enter the R1 WAN IP?

If this doesn't work you could just port forward all the ports to the Netduma instead - that would do the same thing.

I dont know how to port forward.. I have tried several times, but i'm not very computer savy.. Scared to screw something up to where I get locked out or something lol

• Netduma Staff

Yea see, I have no idea what all that means lol... Is there a walk through video?

Check out this video. I don't think it is exactly the same as your router but it will probably be similar.

I think you will be asked to set up two custom rules. Do one for TCP and set the ports between 1024 and 65535 and then do the same for UDP. Apply both of these new rules to the Netduma.

The video should show you how to do that :)

Thanks for the help, but im going to wait to see if I can get the new ISP this Friday before doing all that.. I would hate to do all this tonight and then Friday, have to do it again for another ISP.. I'm still a little uncertain of what to do.. Hopefully it will be easier with TW... Does Port Forwarding really make much of a difference?  If it's about about ping, how do I get lower ping? Move to a bigger city closer to the source? lol  I'm lost

• Netduma Staff

Thanks for the help, but im going to wait to see if I can get the new ISP this Friday before doing all that.. I would hate to do all this tonight and then Friday, have to do it again for another ISP.. I'm still a little uncertain of what to do.. Hopefully it will be easier with TW... Does Port Forwarding really make much of a difference?  If it's about about ping, how do I get lower ping? Move to a bigger city closer to the source? lol  I'm lost

Maybe the new router will allow you to DMZ.

The reason you need to forward the ports to the R1/Place it in DMZ is because then the R1 can open the ports to your consoles to give them an open NAT. if your NAT is closed then there are issues with connecting to friends in parties and also it restricts the players that you can join.

Archived