NETDUMA - is it for me?.

Hi, Name is Ryan.

Im looking for some help and I know I'm new here but I'm really up to my wits end now and sick and tired of poor hit reg on COD. I'm being melted and feel that it could be either them having 200mb+ or NETDUMA/or equivalent.

Will buying one of these actually improve my connection/hit reg and just general smooth connection or do I need one of these and stupidly big MBs with this?.

I'm currently wired running 30/38Mb D-3mbU Sky Broadband Fibre.

Now I'm aware that NETDUMA don't give you extra MBs, but will it improve my hit R and crisp up my shot?.

Also will I be able to buy this and set it up without a laptop (we only have tablets and iPhones in this household.

Could anyone else who is with sky able to tell me if their worth buying and if their noob friendly and easy to use and set up and if they actually work and do what they say.

(I'm wanting my family to stay Wireless connected to our sky hub and not have to reconnect to the netduma, would this be possible)

Just feel like I'll end up buying it and need to have stupidly good MBs with it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If it will increase my hit reg?.

will increase my hit reg?.

No router can fix a broken game. It can however make sure you're on the lowest ping possible servers. But that pretty much means nothing with the amount of randomness in cod games these days.

Hi, Name is Ryan.

Im looking for some help and I know I'm new here but I'm really up to my wits end now and sick and tired of poor hit reg on COD. I'm being melted and feel that it could be either them having 200mb+ or NETDUMA/or equivalent.

Will buying one of these actually improve my connection/hit reg and just general smooth connection or do I need one of these and stupidly big MBs with this?.

Now I'm aware that NETDUMA don't give you extra MBs, but will it improve my hit R and crisp up my shot?.

Also will I be able to buy this and set it up without a laptop (we only have tablets and iPhones in this household.

Could anyone else who is with sky able to tell me if their worth buying and if their noob friendly and easy to use and set up and if they actually work and do what they say.

(I'm wanting my family to stay Wireless connected to our sky hub and not have to reconnect to the netduma, would this be possible)

Just feel like I'll end up buying it and need to have stupidly good MBs with it.

It will work with any speed you have.

You can set it up easily with a tablet or phone, but a computer does make it easier.

You CAN use your ISP hub but that kinda defeats the purpose of having congestion control. You'd want all your devices to connect through the netduma to get the full benefits of the router. Especially with such low speeds.

I am not on Sky, but I'm pretty sure some members are and if I remember correctly they are terrible for gaming. Maybe I'm mistaken...

I do know that many people buy this router to find that their connection is absolutely terrible and it leads to them getting frustrated with the router. A router can't fix a bad signal coming into it.

• Administrators

Hi, Name is Ryan.

Hey, welcome to the forum Ryan!

I'll answer your questions as best I can. 

If your poor experience is due to connecting to far away servers/being put on the same server over and over or local congestion due to other devices in your home hogging the bandwidth then yes.

You can set it up using any device that has a web browser but is easiest on a PC.

I'm sure some people with Sky will comment but in general the router is very easy to setup initially.

I would recommend all devices be connected to the Netduma otherwise you're not making the most of congestion control.