AW 900ms issue?

procreate

is the netduma off on its ping stats? i have been running across more and more players with 900ms ping times. i cant ever find them in the map though. these games are REALLY bad as well. like people freezing/teleporting.

is this some hack for AW that i dont know about that gives them an advantage? or is the ping stat just reporting it wrong in the bar graph? i cant imagine ANYONE having 900ms ping.

i always get a delay in advance warfare. its like when i watch the killcam, the enemy has seen me before i get a chance so am at a disadvantage. how do i fix this with the netduma router. have tried everything

A couple of YouTubers (Drift0r and OvenBakedMuffin) have show there is a 178ms delay INSIDE the engine AW uses (modified Q3 engine that is 16-years old, now).

So, this is one reason the game plays like ass... Game play mechanics aside.

It even "lags" on LAN. One of the pro players actually said this AFTER they won a tournament. That's pretty telling since it wasn't sour grapes they lost.

You can feel this in-engine delay when playing a Private Match with bots. Set it to "Hardened" or "Veteran" and you will be killed before you see who did it, or drop dead from a

head shot from across the map from a MP11. It's not just the bots built-in "aimbot". It's how the engine itself has so much latency that even in a closed environment there is a baseline delay that is far outside acceptable standards.

As to how do you go about fixing this...

You can't.

I  don't mean the in-engine latency. I mean, the other reason the game lags online is a low player base overall, so the MM is having to look far and wide for people to play games with regardless, of SBMM, or not.

• Administrators

Pro-create I don't know why the pings are so high. I assume you mean peer ping is showing 900ms but the ping graph isn't? If so it could be a bug.

yes, peer ping. i cant seem to track them down in time. also sometimes the whole lobby doesnt show up in peer ping and only a few circles will show on map even with 12 people in game. there will be like 4 circles... but yes, peer ping has been showing 900ms and 800ms ping times.

A couple of YouTubers (Drift0r and OvenBakedMuffin) have show there is a 178ms delay INSIDE the engine AW uses (modified Q3 engine that is 16-years old, now).

So, this is one reason the game plays like ass... Game play mechanics aside.

It even "lags" on LAN. One of the pro players actually said this AFTER they won a tournament. That's pretty telling since it wasn't sour grapes they lost.

You can feel this in-engine delay when playing a Private Match with bots. Set it to "Hardened" or "Veteran" and you will be killed before you see who did it, or drop dead from a

head shot from across the map from a MP11. It's not just the bots built-in "aimbot". It's how the engine itself has so much latency that even in a closed environment there is a baseline delay that is far outside acceptable standards.

As to how do you go about fixing this...

You can't.

I  don't mean the in-engine latency. I mean, the other reason the game lags online is a low player base overall, so the MM is having to look far and wide for people to play games with regardless, of SBMM, or not.

you are very right. so why do people still play it. its like a team will always have an advantage of seeing someone first. this sucks

Archived