Very high MS showing up in the Netduma lately, CoD IW

Here is a pic showing the ms as of late. Was showing normal values a couple of days ago, so is it a IW patch or what?

I feel like there is no difference ingame, so it's a false reading for what I can tell.

Haven't tried a reset yet (though it's 101).

post-6101-0-42862500-1485033362_thumb.png

Something has spazzed out (technical term).

As you know, a game where you're pinging the dedi in 1000ms, and every other player is too, would be unplayable.

Everyone would be running on the spot, teleporting, falling through the map, etc, if it would even allow those pings into a lobby together.

If you've got 'auto-ping host' ticked, disable it and try manually pinging the dedi for a little while, see if it still happens.

Untick peer ping for a bit too, if you really want to check the peer pings then click the option after the lobby launches into a game rather than leaving it ticked all the time.

I've seen this once before on IW myself and the game played fine, I clicked the cross (to close the dedi ping box) and then clicked 'ping' again and it showed as normal.

Not sure what's causing it but I'm sure it's just a little bug as the games don't play anything like they would if they actually had a 900ms ping.

It will be ironed out in 2.0 I'm sure.

Archived