PS4 Works with R1, XBox One Does Not. Help!

JConnor

if you are curious i would keep testing. 

take the cable that works in port one and run it down the ports... see if that cable works in all ports. if it does, its not port dependent. obviously take the PS4 temporarily out of the equation.

• Netduma Staff

good idea procreate, my guess would be the same as Crossys, its some issue with crossover. 

That was the issue that I'm sure you will remember with my PC and the R1 and that ethernet cable :)

I'll try a "controlled" test where I just use the XB1, and plug it in the various ports (sans the LAN port). At this point, I am just curious more than anything since everything is working like it should.

Update on new modem:

I called TWC, and they put the Arris into Bridge Mode... Actually, they confirmed I had done it correctly, myself... But I also spoke to them on the issue of I never hit the advertised UPLOAD speeds (5mb) even when using the Arris directly with any device, but specifically my gaming PC that has a 1GB Ethernet NIC. The customer service rep was surprised, and said buying a new modem, testing it, and seeing if that fixes it or not would determine if they need to send a technician out. So, this is what I am going to do this weekend. I figure, I might as well get everything as optimized as I can on my end if I specifically bought the Netduma to decrease latency, right?

Archived