Greatly Reduced Download Speed

Hi Netduma,

I have been experiencing an issue where my download speed is supposed to be 150 Mbps but I only receive 30-40 Mbps with the Netduma R1. When I plug my device directly into the modem and run a speed test I get 140-170 Mbps.

I have read some posts by others that seem to describe my issue, and I have tried the suggestions in those threads to no avail (e.g., correctly setting my bandwidth and un-ticking enable deep packet processing).

I am running firmware version 1.03.6. My current setup is Modem (Motorola ARRIS SB6183) à R1 à PS4.

If support could help me with this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you. 

• Administrators

Please try the following settings for your speeds:

• Reactive Algorithm
  • 100% anti-flood
  • Share excess enabled
  • Reset device prioritisation & apply
  • Disable IPv6 in WAN, LAN & misc
  • Disable deep packet in misc
  • Enable turbo mode
  • Ensure the ethernet cables you're using connecting the R1 to hub & R1 to PC are Cat5e+/can handle your speeds.
  • Do a wired speed test from a PC

Hi Netduma,

I have been experiencing an issue where my download speed is supposed to be 150 Mbps but I only receive 30-40 Mbps with the Netduma R1. When I plug my device directly into the modem and run a speed test I get 140-170 Mbps.

I have read some posts by others that seem to describe my issue, and I have tried the suggestions in those threads to no avail (e.g., correctly setting my bandwidth and un-ticking enable deep packet processing).

I am running firmware version 1.03.6. My current setup is Modem (Motorola ARRIS SB6183) à R1 à PS4.

If support could help me with this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you. 

Please try the following settings for your speeds:

• Reactive Algorithm
  • 100% anti-flood
  • Share excess enabled
  • Reset device prioritisation & apply
  • Disable IPv6 in WAN, LAN & misc
  • Disable deep packet in misc
  • Enable turbo mode
  • Ensure the ethernet cables you're using connecting the R1 to hub & R1 to PC are Cat5e+/can handle your speeds.
  • Do a wired speed test from a PC

SB6183 has the EEE bug. Go into your modem settings and turn off Energy Efficient Ethernet if it's there as an option.

Mod Box - I checked my modem settings and EEE is already disabled. Any other ideas?

Netduma Fraser - I have made sure all R1 settings are what you said, but the speed tests still show around 40 Mbps. Is there anything else we can try? 

Thank you. 

Mod Box - I checked my modem settings and EEE is already disabled. Any other ideas?

Yeah get a different modem or put another router between the modem and the R1 cause that EEE bug is the problem

• Administrators

Netduma Fraser - I have made sure all R1 settings are what you said, but the speed tests still show around 40 Mbps. Is there anything else we can try? 

Thank you. 

I remember the patch that CoX put out for their modems required it to actually be enabled instead so first try that to see if it resolves your issue.

Can you also enable super turbo mode please and see if that increases your speeds.

I remember the patch that CoX put out for their modems required it to actually be enabled instead so first try that to see if it resolves your issue.

Can you also enable super turbo mode please and see if that increases your speeds.

OK, I ticked the box for super turbo mode and also changed modem settings to enable EEE. Sadly speed tests still are around 30-40 Mbps. 

Should I leave them on these settings or change them back seeing as they don't seem to help? 

Also, does anyone have any further advice?

Thank you. 

Archived