Battlefield 1

You can connect to East servers by utilizing the Server Browser.  They will have servers listed as "West Coast" or "East Coast".  You can filter by game-type, slots open, etc.  Then check the server name see the "named" location.  They may show west coast on your geofilter, but the ping for me is definitely better than "West" servers.  Unfortunately it seems pings up to 80ms (or higher?) will show full ping bars as well...which may trick you into connecting to west coast, despite the inferior ping.  Tisk tisk Dice.  So you will want to try to connect to a server on East or West coast depending on your location to ensure best ping to server.

Fraser, there are a bunch (100+?) of East Coast servers with their own IDs, and it seems all of them pop up showing west coast.  Would it be useful for me to keep noting the East coast ones that appear West coast and post them here?  Might get tenuous for you or your team if I keep popping new ones constantly for you to manual re-locate, but maybe that's what it requires to build it out?

You can connect to East servers by utilizing the Server Browser. They will have servers listed as "West Coast" or "East Coast". You can filter by game-type, slots open, etc. Then check the server name see the "named" location. They may show west coast on your geofilter, but the ping for me is definitely better than "West" servers. Unfortunately it seems pings up to 80ms (or higher?) will show full ping bars as well...which may trick you into connecting to west coast, despite the inferior ping. Tisk tisk Dice. So you will want to try to connect to a server on East or West coast depending on your location to ensure best ping to server.

Fraser, there are a bunch (100+?) of East Coast servers with their own IDs, and it seems all of them pop up showing west coast. Would it be useful for me to keep noting the East coast ones that appear West coast and post them here? Might get tenuous for you or your team if I keep popping new ones constantly for you to manual re-locate, but maybe that's what it requires to build it out?

Thanks bro I tried that a little bit this morning and was performing better... although why are all the east coast servers empty but 1 or 2??? And how do you know that some west coast servers are really eats instead.. please let me know so i can distinguish them thanks again..

@Fraser, a few more East Coast servers:

fc9fe0ab3c9b9499     fc9fb27d3c9b9499    

@MMAddict7, Any server listed as "East Coast" has around ~30 ms ping to me.  "West Coast" servers show ~60ms ping.  I've never had a problem finding people on the East Coast servers.  Perhaps check your server browser filter options.  If I set any one game mode, with 0-5 slots open, I'll typically pull 60+ servers...West/East blended, and all populated the same.  Also...make sure you don't have your Geo-Filter set...just expand it all the way.

Thanks bro I tried that a little bit this morning and was performing better... although why are all the east coast servers empty but 1 or 2??? And how do you know that some west coast servers are really eats instead.. please let me know so i can distinguish them thanks again..

I am having the same issues as well.  And although the game, for the most part, plays well I never see below 50ms ping.  Every east coast server is in Cali.

• 3 weeks later...

The ID is for us to move in the cloud. We're about to commence testing on it. As you can pick your own server just disable the Geo for now.

thanks for the reply cant wait to be able to get in the right server. every server i select is in the 55ms range. i wont LOWER.lol 

Archived