Lag compensation

They can't...it's all done on the host..

They'd have to code it so you always get host then fake information to pretend everyone has an awesome connection.

This would be something law suits are made of

This would be something law suits are made of

I read this and immediately had to start laughing. :lol:

I more thought pretend I have a worse connection by throttling upload speed and ping. Just not to get any penalty.

Isn't this similar to what some people did (on their own end) to help them control the lag compensation in BO2 and MW3?

Isn't this similar to what some people did (on their own end) to help them control the lag compensation in BO2 and MW3?

And folks still do im sure

Just yesterday my 1st game (PS4 AW domination) using the duma went from 20ms to 120ms i didnt alter anything and i was the only person online.

Some games just add lag (or similar) to lesson the skills gap.

And folks still do im sure

Just yesterday my 1st game (PS4 AW domination) using the duma went from 20ms to 120ms i didnt alter anything and i was the only person online.

Some games just add lag (or similar) to lesson the skills gap.

That may be the case, but is it possible maybe iiNet had congestion perhaps? My Telstra cable service suffers from congestion now kids are on school holidays.

I have the l*gb*ster, I don't intend to use it together with the Duma. In the lobby you set a high ping and you set back the ping the normal so you circumvent getting a penalty. The problem is the penalty seems so retardedly high you are out of the game. Now with the Duma in place I think this gained nothing as you had connections all over the world. Now with this solved this might be interesting again.

Shrug, I'm just saying this is very similar to forcing host...which is possible, don't bother asking me how.

To me, it is similar to how XIM doesn't like macros because it violates the terms of service. Trying to reverse engineer a games lag compensation code and then throttle usage to benefit from that is not white hat and not grey hat...it's darker and more nefarious

I dont really see how this is different to being connected to the New Zealand Kiwi server. Both systems are flawed and will likely never be corrected. My problem is not being equalled out but getting a penalty that renders the game unplayable.

I dont really see how this is different to being connected to the New Zealand Kiwi server. Both systems are flawed and will likely never be corrected. My problem is not being equalled out but getting a penalty that renders the game unplayable.

i suppose, it is really up to Iain and Fraser.

Archived