Calix Gigahub

b00stg0d

Anyone have one of these? Appears to be an ethernet router with Voip solutions as well as ethernet firewall/router or gateway. I am possibly moving to an area where the neighborhood is ftth and gigabit capable but they suggest everyone use their hub for iptv, voice, data routing. I am trying to figure out how I will use this with netduma. Sure wish dmz was available cause then I could just dmz their devise yet still put the duma ahead of it. Dmz should allow for its functions to take place on the network just inside the duma congestion control. I hop it works out,,, the OSP manager told me they have stable 12ms ping to dallas bo3 on os4 now. That's insane. Coming on closing date! Netduma 2.0 please have dmz.

I believe those units are specific for GPON ISP services and would probably need to be at the head of the service from the outside cabling. I presume maybe this device could be configured to pass thru a public IP address to another connected router, i.e. R1, and use the R1 as the main host outer. Any other router can't be put in front of the Calix i presume. You'd have to contact your ISP about this and see. 

I mispoke, gigacenter, I think it's ethernet fed from the outside ONT but allows them to provision remotely.  Could be wrong, maybe it is the ONT.  Most ONT will function as a router. guess I'll just have to wait and see.  But hell with that much bandwidth I guess I'll be disabling CC sliders anyway since I'll have to enable super turbo mode for gigabit throughput power.

Archived