Internet service fine on main modem but is terrible on the bridge to the netduma

ISP technician came out today and ran tests and replaced some outside wiring in the box and found that when connected straight to the modem from the wall (not R1) everything ran smoothly. Now since he left, the netduma is experiencing very high ping numbers on all servers (over 500 ms on average). The root of this problem is the R1 and I need help to fix it. Software version 1.03.6g. Pictures can be provided if needed. Any questions please ask. Thanks in advance for your assistance

ISP technician came out today and ran tests and replaced some outside wiring in the box and found that when connected straight to the modem from the wall (not R1) everything ran smoothly. Now since he left, the netduma is experiencing very high ping numbers on all servers (over 500 ms on average). The root of this problem is the R1 and I need help to fix it. Software version 1.03.6g. Pictures can be provided if needed. Any questions please ask. Thanks in advance for your assistance

I would second the idea of replacing the cables that run from your modem to the duma and I don't know if your running another router in AP mode or not but I would replace anything from your modem forward.

I had the same issue awhile back and it was suggested that I replace the cables (thanks Yoda Z) and it fixed the issue.

And are you sure you have the duma set up correctly,with all the appreciate boxes ticked and the things that need to be turned off,turned off.I'm not trying to be an ass but sometimes all it comes down to is something ticked or not ticked and that stuff can get overlooked easily as I have done it also.

And finally have you run ping plotter on your network to find out where the exact issue is hop wise ?

Archived