general question

i noticed on my congestion control there are a lot of devices that are in my pie graph that have bandwidth dedicated to them but a lot of the devices are from friends that have came over and use internet and are no longer in my home i updated the congestion control and the devices still stay is there any way to have those devices come off? I would want to believe that all my devices should keep the same ip address is this true?

Are you able to delete the devices under device manager? If not reboot your router by way of the reboot option under settings>miscellaneous. Then go under device manager and delete the devices that you want removed. I would then reboot it one more time to make sure the changes are saved.

The only devices I give a static ip address are my gaming consoles just in case I need to port forward.

Are you able to delete the devices under device manager? If not reboot your router by way of the reboot option under settings>miscellaneous. Then go under device manager and delete the devices that you want removed. I would then reboot it one more time to make sure the changes are saved.

The only devices I give a static ip address are my gaming consoles just in case I need to port forward.

was able to delete devices under device manager but figured the router would do that once you hit the reset distribution or update distribution. thanks

• Administrators

You can only remove from device manager as said. With share excess on though the devices that needed bandwidth would be able to grab it so those extra unconnected devices wouldn't have affected it. 

As it seems your issue has been resolved I'll close this thread, feel free to make another if needed :)

Archived