WiFi?

I am looking at the R1 based on a review from a family member that loves it. Just wondering how it handles WiFi.  Did some forum searching and wasn't coming up with much.  

Just had the DSL rewired so the current modem is out with the xb1 so it will be able to be wired.  However my main pc in another room and will be using wifi as well as a laptop and a few other devices.  The wifi on my current modem/router is very good.  By using the R1 setup up instructions will this eliminate the wifi on the current and only be able to use the R1s wifi?  Is the R1s wifi decent?  I do play MMOs on the pc from time to time.

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I am looking at the R1 based on a review from a family member that loves it. Just wondering how it handles WiFi.  Did some forum searching and wasn't coming up with much.  

Just had the DSL rewired so the current modem is out with the xb1 so it will be able to be wired.  However my main pc in another room and will be using wifi as well as a laptop and a few other devices.  The wifi on my current modem/router is very good.  By using the R1 setup up instructions will this eliminate the wifi on the current and only be able to use the R1s wifi?  Is the R1s wifi decent?  I do play MMOs on the pc from time to time.

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

What speeds do you have? As the R1 is only 2.4 ghz B/G/N wifi the max speeds are about 80Mbps but the range it pretty good... You could always do what alot of people do and use a 2nd router as an access point with 5ghz AC wifi for much faster speeds.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum! MoD has answered your question here. I managed to squeeze 95mbps out of WiFi once. Would definitely recommend gaming wired if possible. You could look into power line adapters which would help with this.

Archived