Netduma and static IP devices issue

Hello all,

The other day I posted about all of my settings gone missing.  I don't believe my power ever went out so I'm not sure what could have caused it.  I'm over that.

I've gone ahead and set the router back up but I noticed a pattern.  None of my devices that have static IP setup within the device are being seen by the netduma.

For instance, when I go to device manager, I don't see my PS4, ationtech router, netgear wifi router, my ISY (home automation device) and my webcam.  I've set the static IP at these respective devices.

Some notes:  DHCP is set to 192.168.1.100-250
my static devices fall well below this ie: 192.168.1.21

Can anyone explain to me why this is so?
What can I do to easily rectify this issue?

Thank you,
Jerry

Hello all,

The other day I posted about all of my settings gone missing.  I don't believe my power ever went out so I'm not sure what could have caused it.  I'm over that.

I've gone ahead and set the router back up but I noticed a pattern.  None of my devices that have static IP setup within the device are being seen by the netduma.

For instance, when I go to device manager, I don't see my PS4, ationtech router, netgear wifi router, my ISY (home automation device) and my webcam.  I've set the static IP at these respective devices.

Some notes:  DHCP is set to 192.168.1.100-250

my static devices fall well below this ie: 192.168.1.21

Can anyone explain to me why this is so?

What can I do to easily rectify this issue?

Thank you,

Jerry

I'm not sure I understand what you mean fully

I'm not sure I understand what you mean fully

At the PS4, I've set the ip to 192.168.1.18.  Within the webcam, I've set the ip to 192.168.1.21.  Specific devices I've manually set the static IP, other devices like my wifi printer, our mobile phones, I just let the netduma set the IP dynamically.

This was all done months ago...

Now that I've factory reset the netduma, it does not pick the static IP devices up, it's not showing them as connected to the router, but they work as if they are because they are.

At the PS4, I've set the ip to 192.168.1.18.  Within the webcam, I've set the ip to 192.168.1.21.  Specific devices I've manually set the static IP, other devices like my wifi printer, our mobile phones, I just let the netduma set the IP dynamically.

This was all done months ago...

Now that I've factory reset the netduma, it does not pick the static IP devices up, it's not showing them as connected to the router, but they work as if they are because they are.

Did you change the LAN ip of the duma back to 192.168.1.1? Cause it defaults back to 192.168.88.1

If so try changing the DHCP range from 192.168.1.2-192.168.1.52

Did you change the LAN ip of the duma back to 192.168.1.1? Cause it defaults back to 192.168.88.1

If so try changing the DHCP range from 192.168.1.2-192.168.1.52

Yes my LAN ip is 192.168.1.1  This is one of the first things I do after a reset.  I changed the DCHP from 2-52 twice.  It has not worked, it's still set up that way and I'm playing the PS4 right now online with mixed results.

This is becoming a bit frustrating.  This is not the first time I've had this issue with a device but it is the first time it's happened with the device it was meant for. 

ANyone?

It seems like if i set the device up with a static ip at the device, the issue above occurs.  if i set the netduma to set the static ip, the issue goes away.  i'll simply let the duma handle it at this point.  still an issue imo.

It seems like if i set the device up with a static ip at the device, the issue above occurs.  if i set the netduma to set the static ip, the issue goes away.  i'll simply let the duma handle it at this point.  still an issue imo.

My printer has a static IP set as well as my PS4 and they work without a problem... 192.168.1.44 and 192.168.1.4

My printer has a static IP set as well as my PS4 and they work without a problem... 192.168.1.44 and 192.168.1.4

How are the static ips set up?  through each individual device or the net duma?

Also, at first, when I had the static ips set up through the respective devices, everything was fine.  Once I factory reset the net duma, it no longer showed those devices BUT the devices all still work.  I just couldn't see them in the netduma software in device manager.  Now that i've let the netduma control the static ips, everything shows up.

The issue wasn't that things weren't working.  Since the duma did not show the ps4 in device manager, i couldn't pick it as a device in host filtering.

How are the static ips set up?  through each individual device or the net duma?

Also, at first, when I had the static ips set up through the respective devices, everything was fine.  Once I factory reset the net duma, it no longer showed those devices BUT the devices all still work.  I just couldn't see them in the netduma software in device manager.  Now that i've let the netduma control the static ips, everything shows up.

The issue wasn't that things weren't working.  Since the duma did not show the ps4 in device manager, i couldn't pick it as a device in host filtering.

I set it on the devices

Archived