ping

tellto

alright so basically i have my netduma (wifi off) connecting my ps4 wired and also my netgear (ap) wired. and my modem is connected to my duma only so no one else using the internet should affect my ping because its all controlled by the netduma. but how com i was playing today when no one was home and i went flawless but when people came the hit detection got progressively worse? 

You mean when people came home it got worse? Was anti-flood/hyper traffic setup to prevent that at the time?

Probably not, cause he has a home modem/router combo with wifi running on it, with his netduma plugged into that, and his netgear nighthawk (with 2 missing antennas) which might be running in AP mode plugged into the modem/router as well... At least that's where he left off with me no matter how many times I said he has to disable the wifi on the modem/router. Then plug ONLY the netduma into the modem, and then if he wishes to have the faster wifi plug the netgear into the netduma in AP mode.

300Mbps down, 20Mbps up.

• Administrators

If that's the case you need to follow MoD BoX's advice otherwise you won't be able to make the most of the congestion control features. If you have exactly 300mbps you could do turbo mode and still use CC.

If that's the case you need to follow MoD BoX's advice otherwise you won't be able to make the most of the congestion control features. If you have exactly 300mbps you could do turbo mode and still use CC.

what will turbo mode do? i tried it and it didnt really work

• Administrators

It will allow you to achieve speeds above 120mbps. Follow this to get your fullish speeds & still be able to use congestion control.

• Reactive Algorithm
  • 100% anti-flood
  • Share excess enabled
  • Reset device prioritisation & apply
  • Disable IPv6 in WAN, LAN & misc
  • Disable deep packet in misc
  • Enable turbo mode
  • Ensure the ethernet cables you're using connecting the R1 to hub & R1 to PC are Cat5e+/can handle your speeds.
  • Do a wired speed test from a PC

Archived