Can't View Gateway Device

Hello, 

I have setup my NetDuma this week and since then I have not been able to see my gateway device they are in the same IP banned but for some reason I can't open up the IP of the GW device.  Basically I have my ISP router as the Gateway because of the wifi capabilities that it has then the ND is connected directly to it.  All my other devices ex. PC, Xbox, PS3, PS4 are connect to the Netduma.  I can't PING the ISP router or anything from the Netduma side.  

Any help would be great. 

Alright I think I have found a work around.  What a hassle this was.  So I know I won't get all the CC features to work properly but if anyone else is trying to setup the Duma with a Telus connection in Canada this is what I have done.  I have my ISP modem connect to the ISP router.  From there I have connected one of the ports from the ISP to one of the 4 ports on the Netduma.  Put them both in the same IP band so they can see each other.  The big thing is to not connect to the Internet Port on the NetDuma.  It works but you wont be able to see your ISP router and this cause some Networking issues for me as I DL and stream all of my family TV shows from my PC.  I also wireless stream to other devices. 

*After Testing

Alright back to the drawing board now the Netduma doesn't see any traffic.  Perfect. 

Well I gotta go out with my family so I will have to keep testing this later tonight.

Freezer

• Administrators

Hey, you can change the LAN address on the duma to something other than 88.1 if I've understood your issue correctly. 

You should just be able to connect the R1 to the modem via port 1 to port 1. Then reboot the duma and you should have internet.

I have already changed the Duma to the same subnet that the home router is on. I have connected one of my ports from the home router to the Internet port on the Duma. The issue is that I can't get back through the Internet port on the Duma to my home router.

Now I know your going to tell me that it's not the best setup but for some reason the Duma doesn't register with my modem. I have Fibre Internet and even if I change all my WAN settings to the proper settings I still don't get Internet. So I'm not sure if my ISP has something setup that only their devices will register with the modem.

So far I have it working the right way I think I'm just not able to access my PC from outside my house like I use to be able to. I will have to forward some more ports and do a little more setup to see if I can solve the problem.

• Administrators

It's possible that your ISP may use PPPoE in which case that's why it doesn't work with the modem if the details haven't been put in, do you know if this is the case? 

In misc settings enable remote access from WAN and see if you can access it then.

@Fraser I will try that right away I'm sure that will fix the pass through. Will report back.

@MoD BoX my ISP router is the only thing that works with my modem not sure why. I have enter all the wan information into my Duma but it won't work with the internet. I have it all working now figured out how to get my ISP router into bridge mode and now things seem to be working better.

Archived