Dedicated server solution

lthoma89

Ive been disabling the geo filter when im in the lobby and it continuously kicks me out only to make me join again. I found out of the many games i was testing this, 90% of my games were p2p. The other games were from joining mid game on a dedicated server. Also after the game ends, i would leave the filter off and the games after would be the p2p host from the previous games. If i left the lobby, i turned geo filter back on and repeated the same steps. It seems as if the r1 wont let me join p2p games unless i do this.

If you're on 1.03.3a there is a bug which we will fix this evening. Sorry about that. 

Can you explain this further?  Is there a way to connect to a p2p host Vs a dedicated server?  Also, how to you turn off the geo filter once in a lobby? 

• Netduma Staff

Can you explain this further?  Is there a way to connect to a p2p host Vs a dedicated server?  Also, how to you turn off the geo filter once in a lobby? 

Press the disable button to disable it when in a lobby. Is that what you means? :) Also, info on the bug is here. Only way to avoid dedis is to move your home location to avoid them.

Press the disable button to disable it when in a lobby. Is that what you means? :) Also, info on the bug is here. Only way to avoid dedis is to move your home location to avoid them.

"Duh"...."slap to the head".....Totally FORGOT about that disable/enable button

As for the bug info, I saw it in another post.  As for the dedi's, I know how to avoid them, but the OP mentioned that by enabling/disabling his geo filter, his games where of the P2P type which most of us is trying to achieve at the moment since the dedi's are messed up.  I for one cannot find a P2P game.  I try every single game type.  I constantly am being put into a dedicated server.  As you may already know.....I'm a VERY HEAVY COD AW player.  I have no LIFE!  JK!  :D

"Duh"...."slap to the head".....Totally FORGOT about that disable/enable button

As for the bug info, I saw it in another post.  As for the dedi's, I know how to avoid them, but the OP mentioned that by enabling/disabling his geo filter, his games where of the P2P type which most of us is trying to achieve at the moment since the dedi's are messed up.  I for one cannot find a P2P game.  I try every single game type.  I constantly am being put into a dedicated server.  As you may already know.....I'm a VERY HEAVY COD AW player.  I have no LIFE!  JK!  :D

i play p2p only on aw.have to play team deathmatch tho. I set my ping to less than the server ping and keep the 2 local servers out my filter. Sometime takes a while. Iain is working on something so we can avoid servers all together.

Never get a p2p game otherwise

Archived