Anyone care to look at my PingPlotter results?

FQs19

Any ADSL connections available?

I could get DSL not even ADSL, but it would be around $80/month for 3mb down and 750KB up. 

I could get that and use it specifically for gaming but I don't want to pay that much just to game. 

Man alive, Compost has you guys living in occupied Terror-tory don't they?  Sorry Brother, that is some shit!

That they do. 

They own fucking everything. Surprised they haven't ruined Disney yet. 

My only hope is Docsis 3.1 and whatever Fraser has up his sleeve with #RouterRevolution. 

The Philadelphia region will NEVER see Google Fiber. 

Comcast will never allow that to happen on their home turf.

Comcast promised the city that they would allow Verizon to roll-out Fios to the whole city. 

That still has not happened. I can't say that Comcast was blocking Verizon. Maybe they just ran out of money to build the infrastructure. 

I just know that it will be decades before I have an option for cable and internet. 

Right now, Comcast is my only choice for internet. 

I could get DSL not even ADSL, but it would be around $80/month for 3mb down and 750KB up. 

I could get that and use it specifically for gaming but I don't want to pay that much just to game. 

Man alive, Compost has you guys living in occupied Terror-tory don't they?  Sorry Brother, that is some shit!

That they do. 

They own fucking everything. Surprised they haven't ruined Disney yet. 

My only hope is Docsis 3.1 and whatever Fraser has up his sleeve with #RouterRevolution. 

Same here although fios is available in some small parts of my town, this is Comcast territory. I recently learned that the city/town is getting a 2-5% cut of all of Comcast's profits per month because they are using the city's poles.

Same here although fios is available in some small parts of my town, this is Comcast territory. I recently learned that the city/town is getting a 2-5% cut of all of Comcast's profits per month because they are using the city's poles.

That is pretty standard in the industry which is why over-builds are so expensive.  The first company there gets the best rates, from there space on the poles becomes a premium, and with that comes the maintenance and up-keep of the poles in question.  The alternative is to try and trench everything to put it all underground and forgo the rental rates, but then you have to deal with extensive permitting and restoration efforts, which they purposely make ridiculously painful with little phrases like "grind and overlay all hard surface within 50 feet to either side of the hard surface cut".  Which basically means a simple street crossing can cost you $10K-$15K in restoration.

I actually have a couple of real interesting stories of whole towns playing SERIOUS hardball with providers and bending them over the jail cell barrel if you know what I mean.  San Francisco, no pun intended, is REAL BAD about construction rape in their municipalities.

Archived