VPN will not open

PharmDawgg

I have a question about the VPN settings.  On my R1 router when I go to VPN settings I see that "enable" is always ticked, and when I untick and come back later it is ticked again.  Is there no way to keep "enabled" unticked in the vpn settings?  When enable is ticked does that mean vpn is active? 

Thanks in advance for any help of this matter.

• Netduma Staff

I have a question about the VPN settings.  On my R1 router when I go to VPN settings I see that "enable" is always ticked, and when I untick and come back later it is ticked again.  Is there no way to keep "enabled" unticked in the vpn settings?  When enable is ticked does that mean vpn is active? 

Thanks in advance for any help of this matter.

When you untick enable have you clicked "apply" afterwards? If not you need to do that to save the settings.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Jus, if you're disconnected it makes no sense to disconnected from an already disconnected VPN if that makes sense.

Unticking is only useful if you're already connected. 

Thanks Crossy/Iain,

Im not really good with this kind of stuff.  To be honest im not sure if im connected or not.  Under "fast setup" a provider is listed "hide my ass" and the "enable" is ticked and it wont stay unticked.  I do press apply.  Im assuming if I never setup a vpn on this router then I am not connected?  Im just being paranoid that the vpn could be hurting my ping/connection.  Thanks guys

Guest Netduma_Iain

Still following the list Legit:

1) Cloud done

2) Fix bug in 1.03.3a

3) Add your VPN server

So just doing number 2 now. 

Guest Netduma Luke

I could kiss you right now! :)

Iain would welcome this if you are:

Female      [ ]

Brunette    [ ]

Busty        [ ]