Upgraded to 1.3.3 and Smart TV's can't access Internet

Alex

Hey guys, I updated to the latest firmware today and I both my Samsung smart TV's cannot connect to the internet wirelessly. They both connect perfectly fine to the router but I get the dreaded "cannot connect to internet". Here is what i've tried to no avail...

1. Rebooted router

2. Disabled wi-fi on router, rebooted, enabled wi-fi on router

3. Unplugged TV's and then plugged them back in

4. Disconnected and reconnected to the wi-fi network

5. Enabled and disabled the wi-fi workaround.

Both my tv's are pulling an IP. My macbook and samsung Note 4 work fine.

I'm stumped. Please help!

There's a Issue on the Samsung Servers, or other thing....

Change your DNS to the OPENDNS, in your router or in your TVs.

This will work. I Had the same problem.

You can check the samsung support twitter account, that's receiving some twitts aboout this.

They suggested other DNS, but i used the OpenDNS.

Hope this work.

If non of the above work untick the wifi workaround in the duma's Miscellaneous Settings this setting can cause wifi issues it did for me until i unticked it.

Turn off the tv reboot the duma wait until it is fully operational (dhcp has kicked in) then turn on the tv.

• Netduma Staff

Talked to Alex in chat and same thing happened when wired. Other people online seam to have had similar issues and the solutions was setting the correct DNS settings. We tried lots of DNS addresses

as well as automatic but none worked. Finally we also tried connecting to the router using automatic (DHCP) and manual - both pulled an IP but still wouldn't connect to internet.

So even though it says error can not connect it is conected to do the update via the internet or did you download the fw on a pc/laptop and use a usb stick?

Thanks for all the advise everyone! When I got home from work today I reset the TV and started from scratch. Weirdly enough it worked. I'm using 8.8.4.4 for my DNS. I have no idea why that didn't work before but all is good now. I wish I could have pinpointed what the actual issue was.

Archived